Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

I give up

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that and you can get ls1's cheap now if you shop around. my friend just picked up a one owner 2000 camaro z28 6 speed with 92k on it for $3500 off of craigslist.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Runamuck
Capt' of the failboat, trying to sell a V8 car during record Oil prices.
did you not see this coming?
Even an ugly guy tries to get laid.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah i think gas prices would be the big thing steering people away from our cars right now. The economy being down could somewhat have a impact but i would bet people looking for cars are wanting little 4 bangers. I dont know about ebay, but have you been listing it on craigs list and the autotrader too?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
na not everyone has the crunch. Really it just narrows your type of people down. People are still looking and if someone is looking for a camaro, trans am, mustang, cobra, etc its 2 types of people the young kid who thinks he can afford it right now and the older guy that has his cookies in the jar (that might be no house payment, kids out of college, etc) looking for a toy. You loose the middle class buyer right now. People are inquiring about cars cause they are going cheaper then before, that also brings in more comp etc.
I see what you're saying but the young kid who thinks he can afford it is probably not going to go near a car like that while gas prices are the way they are, if he can even get a loan in the first place. And the older guy who has the cash and looking for a toy is probably not going to buy a car as old as ours. I think you just need to put your efforts on all the car forums and you will find someone who realizes that its a clean, well taken care of car. good luck!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

I feel your pain ruckus, i have tried and tried to sell my car for 4 grand and its nowhere near as nice or fast as yours but i cant get rid of it either it sucks. If someone would buy my camaro for 3700 bucks to pay off my loan i would totally buy your car. But since gas prices and the economy sucks im stuck in my car until its paid off or i find a car lot with a good deal on a ls1 car.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

i know the trick!!!

when you post it for sale...say its a 'v-8 LS1 hybrid camaro'!!! LOL...and its FAST!!!

the whole stigma with the word hybrid will attract a lot of attention to that baby!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I agree with what's been posted above, a car is only worth what someone will pay for it and it's a buyer's market right now. Oversupply, decreased demand, lower prices. KBB and Edmunds are just tools to help you price.

On a smaller note, I think a stalled A4 scares some buyers and buyers prefer M6s. You are looking for a smaller subsection of buyers.

I really think you should be prepared for a long sales cycle and do not give up just yet.
hit it right on the head...
Originally Posted by allblacksrt4
that and you can get ls1's cheap now if you shop around. my friend just picked up a one owner 2000 camaro z28 6 speed with 92k on it for $3500 off of craigslist.
damn good deal

Quick Reply: I give up