Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Wts Lee Enfield No.4 Mk1/2

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, you are wrong. You only need a permit to carry a concealed weapon! You can carry a pistol strapped to your side as long as it is visable and empty.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nz12's
Sorry, you are wrong. You only need a permit to carry a concealed weapon! You can carry a pistol strapped to your side as long as it is visable and empty.
I gotta look that one up. Ill get back to you. if your are right, thats freaking awesome
Old 07-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Launching!

look you're not getting it. You have to have a ccw to carry a concealed weapon!! And it must be concealed! you do not have to have a ccw to carry a non concealed pistol.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Banned

look you're not getting it. You have to have a ccw to carry a concealed weapon!! And it must be concealed! you do not have to have a ccw to carry a non concealed pistol.
Trust I got it now. Didnt know it before. Thank you for expanding your knowledge onto me. I thought it was illegal to carry one period. Now i know that is not the case. Thank you.

here picked this up at http//about.crime.com

It is unlawful to carry a loaded rifle, shotgun, or handgun in any public place or on any public street in an incorporated area or an area where firing a firearm is prohibited.

Exceptions include:

* Persons shooting on target ranges, or while hunting on the premises of a shooting club.

* A person who reasonably believes that he or his property is in immediate danger and the weapon must be carried for "preservation."

* A person "engaged in the act of making or attempting lawful arrest."

* A person carrying a firearm while at home or at his place of business, including temporary residences and campsites.

Carrying a handgun concealed is prohibited without a license. The law states "Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not concealed within the meaning of this section."
Old 07-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Launching!

yeah I argued that long and hard before my buddy proved me wrong. The cops told him just don't go strolling into a bank, post office, airport, or other government building. They frown on that. You can carry the loaded clip in your pocket. Only takes about .5 seconds to draw the gun and clip it up!!!! You get a lot less arguements from idiots when they see you are packing a .45 Glock!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 12:29 AM
Launching!

Frito, sorry for hyjacken your thread!!
Old 07-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Banned

yeah I argued that long and hard before my buddy proved me wrong. The cops told him just don't go strolling into a bank, post office, airport, or other government building. They frown on that. You can carry the loaded clip in your pocket. Only takes about .5 seconds to draw the gun and clip it up!!!! You get a lot less arguements from idiots when they see you are packing a .45 Glock!!!
HAHAHA..... i bet collecting $$$ after those street races comes with ease then.

how hard is the kick having such a big bullet in such a light gun? Cuz ive fired a G17 and G22. those were ok, but i like the fitment with the XD models better. thats JMO though.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Teching In

Frito, sorry for hyjacken your thread!!
Lol dont worry about , keeps my thread bumping

Yeah you can "Open carry" as long as its unloaded and you could have loaded magazines on your holster " they must be visible too"

You can walk everywhere you want exept goverment building , BUT you cannot be 1000 feet from a school, so if you decide to open carry plan out your road and where your gonna be driving and going and skip any school zones..

BUMP!!! SOMEBODY BUY THIS! LOL

You could open carry a rifle too lol just get a sling and carry it on your back, but same rules apply as a handgun
Old 07-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Launching!

Sounds like you may be in the law enforcement field yourself! And someone by this 303, it is a great gun, like he said one of the top ten ever made. Unfortunately, it was in the kill humans class.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by frijolito
Lol dont worry about , keeps my thread bumping

Yeah you can "Open carry" as long as its unloaded and you could have loaded magazines on your holster " they must be visible too"

You can walk everywhere you want exept goverment building , BUT you cannot be 1000 feet from a school, so if you decide to open carry plan out your road and where your gonna be driving and going and skip any school zones..

BUMP!!! SOMEBODY BUY THIS! LOL

You could open carry a rifle too lol just get a sling and carry it on your back, but same rules apply as a handgun
ive been trying to convince my friend jon to pick it up, hes doing some rife shoping right now.

but he wants to pick up a Remington 770, and words of advise to convince him otherwise?
Old 07-12-2008, 12:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WS6_Suicide_Machine
ive been trying to convince my friend jon to pick it up, hes doing some rife shoping right now.

but he wants to pick up a Remington 770, and words of advise to convince him otherwise?
That remington is chamberd in 30-06 and is a pretty good rifle , its a "common" modern sportster rifle so he will be paying 400-450 for the rifle plus tax then $25 for dross fees and then he has to wait the grueling 10 days that will seem like eternity! lol then im pretty sure hes gonna want a scope on that remington, so at the end of the day hes gonna be speding 500 ish close to $600

OR

Buy the Enfield is a C&R ( Curio & Relic) so we could just meet in a parking lot or a gunshop and exchange in the parking lot, no backround check no 10 waiting period , and you get a gun that is about the same caliber as the 30-06 and is accurate up to 700 yards WITH IRON SIGHTS ( NO SCOPE) and a piece of history , plus remingtons 700 seriese are adime a dozen , a lee enfield isint ,
Old 07-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Banned

ok ill let him know exactly what you wrote when i see him Sunday. Headed to fowler's gun room in orange, I wanna check out a Springfield M1A socom 16, and i need more 00 Buck ammo. Might even pick up some slugs
Old 07-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Teching In

I would love a socom but those are going for like 1500, alot of cash, either way i appreciate the help bro...

I will post up more pics tomorow
Old 07-12-2008, 02:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah man, show us some data or some links supporting that argument, since your buddy proved you wrong when you thought otherwise. I'm sure he didn't do it by just saying "dude, I'm right, it's not concealed when it's in plain sight".

I'm not being a dick, I just don't know, and would like to know the truth (and I'm trying to stay awake).

I find the contradiction in the "law" vs. the "frown".
Old 07-13-2008, 02:15 AM
Teching In

Bump
Old 07-13-2008, 02:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, definitely bump this.

I'm waiting on replies from the NRA and DOJ. I emailed both of them.

Sorry for the hijack.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Yeah, definitely bump this.

I'm waiting on replies from the NRA and DOJ. I emailed both of them.

Sorry for the hijack.

Replis for what? About the whole open carry issue?

Well as i stated it is legal , but california is one of the states that can put rules and regulations on it, its not like AZ.

So pretty much if you walk into a gov. building or school, they more than likely WILL cite you with a mistamenor , but this is a very touchy subject and its not something somebody should try just for the sake of it, read up on the laws to save your *** when a police confronts you about you open carriying . shure you can say its my 2nd amendment right and its CA legal to do so , but keep in mind id say atleast 70% of LEO ( law enforcement officers) dont know the laws when it comes to gun owner ships, most of them have the mentality that oh no he has a gun or this and that he must be doing something wrong...so watch out with that, although with the heller decision it has given us here in CA a better change to lift the Assault weapon ban and let us conceal carry in the good ol county of los angeles, or orange county at that, wish it was a shall issue state like the other 30 states!
Old 07-13-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I'm just curious, sorry to hijack your thread.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:28 AM
Launching!

As reported by Suicide above:
It is unlawful to carry a loaded rifle, shotgun, or handgun in any public place or on any public street in an incorporated area or an area where firing a firearm is prohibited.

Exceptions include:

* Persons shooting on target ranges, or while hunting on the premises of a shooting club.

* A person who reasonably believes that he or his property is in immediate danger and the weapon must be carried for "preservation."

* A person "engaged in the act of making or attempting lawful arrest."

* A person carrying a firearm while at home or at his place of business, including temporary residences and campsites.

Carrying a handgun concealed is prohibited without a license. The law states "Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not concealed within the meaning of this section."
Old 07-14-2008, 01:42 AM
Banned

Sorry frijolito brotha. I cant convince him. He wants something new. and wants it in synthetic. Hes not very knowledgeable about guns, but he wants something that looks cool and shoots a .308 round.

Told him save some money, the Remington alone was a G. without the scope.

And after seeing the prices of the M1a's ive gone back to my original idea of building a AR-15 with "semi-detachable" mags.

Quick Reply: Wts Lee Enfield No.4 Mk1/2