Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Mtv's True life- I'm a street racer

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by allblacksrt4
for one, trust me the police know where the streets are. there is no such thing as a secret street. Another thing eugene is not a ricer, he actually owns a speed shop. PROSTREET. He builds fast **** and owns some fast cars. Also the real races do not have a bunch of ricers with big wings. The hondas that race now are all atleast bottom 12 second cars.

hondas running low 12's hahaha right......? those are the rare ones. never seen one on the streets yet. but funny thing of this race besides them being slow and annoying is a cop pulls out infront of them and pulls over the guy on the left

Old 07-26-2008, 01:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
for a sec I thought you were going to say moral of the story...
All mexican's are rice...lol!
I almost forgot, Mexican's like rice and frijoles. With some tortillas de harina.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im mexican and I hate rice in all its forms
Old 07-26-2008, 02:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
I almost forgot, Mexican's like rice and frijoles. With some tortillas de harina.
Las tortillas Guerrero
Old 07-26-2008, 08:21 AM
Teching In

eh, hondas, are good cars, but for economy, and reliability... thats it. i would never buy a honda hoping for it to be fast at that time or anytime after. i never saw the point of spending the money on a "fast" car but it didn't make any power till 5/6k rpm. i almost got an 04 V6 6spd Accord coupe a couple months ago, granted it was quick, i just wasnt expecting anything spectacular like f body quickness. and thats how i see it when it comes to hondas (or most imports) racing, its just nothing spectacular to me. but then again, its all about preference in cars.

im a GM muscle car kinda girl, and i dont plan on changing anytime in my life.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still dont see how they would be running 12's that easily. I mean if an s2000 has 240hp and weighs 2,800 and will run low 14's then thay would have to pull a ton of weight out of the civics to make it run 12's and they would also have the fwd disadvantage to deal with. Can those cars get less then 2000lbs?
Old 07-26-2008, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

man i love rice and beans dont forget the chiles en vinagre, y carnitas!!
Old 07-26-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

i am not a honda lover, but dont be ignorant there are fast imports out there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3XytuXHY7M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RmeB...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7XouSpoA_g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08mqo...eature=related
Old 07-26-2008, 03:50 PM
10 Second Club

That looks like two slow peices of **** racing.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
hondas running low 12's hahaha right......? those are the rare ones. never seen one on the streets yet. but funny thing of this race besides them being slow and annoying is a cop pulls out infront of them and pulls over the guy on the left

im not saying there arent ricers, but there are diffrences. just like some camaro's are redneck hicks and some arent
Old 07-26-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

yea chevy luvs with built small block on alot of nitrous and a 28x10 tire are always slow
Old 07-26-2008, 03:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by allblacksrt4
yea chevy luvs with built small block on alot of nitrous and a 28x10 tire are always slow
What is you idea of fast because i have seen 9-8 sec street cars. How many 9-8 sec hondas are in the video?
Old 07-26-2008, 04:04 PM
12 Second Club

What is you idea of fast because i have seen 9-8 sec street cars. How many 9-8 sec hondas are in the video?
I know a guy who has a 8 second street driven fox body that I have seen race on the street, I have still seen fast hondas and crap. Just because they aren't going 9's in close to street trim doesn't mean they are not fast. Think about it this way, we start with a mid 13 second car and take 3-4 seconds off that and you have a fast ******* car, especially if you can get it to hook on the street. Now take the honda that stock runs 15 seconds and take 3 to even sometimes 5 seconds off that and I would say that makes a pretty fast honda. Yes a fully built camaro will almost always beat a full built honda, but the fact that the hondas can still get down to 11 or sometimes 10 second street passes with shitty FWD set up and less displacement than a bottle of soda is pretty impressive.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
I know a guy who has a 8 second street driven fox body that I have seen race on the street, I have still seen fast hondas and crap. Just because they aren't going 9's in close to street trim doesn't mean they are not fast. Think about it this way, we start with a mid 13 second car and take 3-4 seconds off that and you have a fast ******* car, especially if you can get it to hook on the street. Now take the honda that stock runs 15 seconds and take 3 to even sometimes 5 seconds off that and I would say that makes a pretty fast honda. Yes a fully built camaro will almost always beat a full built honda, but the fact that the hondas can still get down to 11 or sometimes 10 second street passes with shitty FWD set up and less displacement than a bottle of soda is pretty impressive.
You have a good point ryan, But let's just say you have a golf cart that runs 25 sec 1/4 mile and you beef it up and do weight reduction (chop off the top) and it runs 19's. Would you consider that fast? It would be fast for a golf cart but its not "fast". What im trying to say is if you want to call something "fast" it should accually be "fast" and not "honda/golf cart fast".
Old 07-26-2008, 04:31 PM
12 Second Club

You have a good point ryan, But let's just say you have a golf cart that runs 25 sec 1/4 mile and you beef it up and do weight reduction (chop off the top) and it runs 19's. Would you consider that fast? It would be fast for a golf cart but its not "fast". What im trying to say is if you want to call something "fast" it should accually be "fast" and not "honda/golf cart fast".
I wouldn't call anything that ran 19's fast unless it was a person literally running. But as far as 11 and 10 second cars, I would say thats fast. 12-13s I would say their quick, and sub 10 second cars (in close to street trim) would be a stupid fast street car.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Good vids... the parents make me think twice about street racing now...

I still think the cops are a bunch of douches though... illegal air intake, headlight height, lowered car etc...
Old 07-26-2008, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Good vids... the parents make me think twice about street racing now...

I still think the cops are a bunch of douches though... illegal air intake, headlight height, lowered car etc...
Street racing is not only dangerous because of crashes, but like the people on the video said "people don't like to loose" My friend that has a 11 sec fox once beat a "Fast" honda. The guy didn't like the fact that his "fast" honda lost, He pulled a gun on my friend and stole all his money and watch when my friend was trying to collect his money.

Lots of people ask me to race my car on the street, But I didn't spend the extra $$ on the SFI **** to be speedracer on the street.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

Don't get me wrong I will race people I know on the street, But I would not go to meets to setup something with someone that I don't know what they are about.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:01 PM
12 Second Club

Street racing is not only dangerous because of crashes, but like the people on the video said "people don't like to loose" My friend that has a 11 sec fox once beat a "Fast" honda. The guy didn't like the fact that his "fast" honda lost, He pulled a gun on my friend and stole all his money and watch when my friend was trying to collect his money.

Lots of people ask me to race my car on the street, But I didn't spend the extra $$ on the SFI **** to be speedracer on the street.
I've never seen anything go down other than a heated argument before the race haha. You just have to know who to race, and who not to race.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Launching!

whats up with honda drivers doing like 10 burnouts before a race?

have they ever heard that would make for a crappy launch?

Quick Reply: Mtv's True life- I'm a street racer