Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

It's a road trip kinda Summer!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008 | 02:50 PM
Launching!

Talking It's a road trip kinda Summer!

I don't know about you guys, but I've had a pretty eventful Summer:

June 4th: It seems my lengthy commute finally took it's toll on my Maui Blue '88 Formula 350. Blew the original 700r4 driving from home in Orange to work in Wilmington every day. Living in a place with a gravel driveway and no garage means this might not be the right time for me to own a muscle car that needs constant love. The F o r m y 350 was a step up from my old 91 Firebird with a 3.1 and it will be missed. I LOVE thirdgens, but with my commute, I fear it's time for a "sensible" car .

Also, I'm going to Hawaii for the first time ever the following week, so I HAVE to find an LS1 fbody by Monday, or it's "throw away money on a rental car" to get to work. Boo.

June 8th: One day before I leave for my trip, I bring my NEW baby home. 2002 Z28 A4 with 43k in rally red.

...Have you ever been laying on a beach in paradise with a beer and a half naked girlfriend while wishing you were back home tearing up the road? Haha, i guess the grass is always greener...

July 5th: Got the new catback welded up! Hated that Civic sounding OEM exhaust. Since I had just bought the car, I was kinda low on funds. I went with the Hooker setup and I like it! Not quite as cool as the Magnaflow on my thirdgen, but you can't beat it for the price. I'll have to throw a cutout on soon...

August 2nd: Drove out to Lake Arrowhead with my old lady for the weekend. Awesome weather. Hauled *** up and down the mountain a few times with the T Tops off. Went through half a tank in like an hour and I probably need new brake pads up front We also went canoeing in the lake, but who cares.

Tomorrow, August 8th: ENSENADA! The little woman and I are cruising out to the family's place for the weekend for some fish tacos, beers, and books on the sun deck of the house.

Taking a half day off work--driving on highway 1 there at night isn't such a good idea at the moment unless you're in a caravan (that rosarita cruise looked ******* awesome). Plus daytime means T Tops off and ocean views--I guess there are worse things!

Coming up September 29th: Labor day trip to YOSEMITE! We're camping in the valley for a few days, so that means a long sweet ride down with the tops off (boy, that was ****-esque). What a summer!

I'm stoked, and I'm not breaking the bank. With the exception of my new exhaust and Hawaii, (which i booked and paid for MONTHS in advance) these are all like $100 events made 10 times better because my car kicks ***. This whole season seems to have revolved around my car, but then again, isn't that how it should be...?

Anybody else having a bitchin summer?
Old 08-07-2008 | 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

I got to stay home and clean my room
Old 08-07-2008 | 03:40 PM
12 Second Club

Man, lots of stuff. I got the mod bug earlier this summer, took a 3,000 mile road trip up to Washington, over to Montana, and back, then just last weekend I went up to Marin County and back (1,000 miles). I drive 240 miles round trip once every couple weekends to my parents place in the high desert, and doing it in this car makes it so much more enjoyable than if I were driving my mom's 4dr Toyota sedan with 17s... 112,xxx miles on my F-body now. I'll probably have to do something about the dying transmission this winter (slowly losing overdrive). For now, I'm just enjoying the long days!
Old 08-07-2008 | 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

nice, i used to love going on random road trips with friends. now the gas prices turn me off of that lol

Quick Reply: It's a road trip kinda Summer!