Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Super Mario rescues the Princess in the Western Section

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Junior High Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=hlaalu;10093053]
Originally Posted by TITAN

The sponsors do not care about these kind of threads...they view the hits/threads/posts in the technical forums (where you achieve post counts as opposed to here and the lounge)...let's be honest, how do senseless/chatty lounge-type posts drive up business for auto related sponsors?
QUOTE]

ok but that banner ad at the top of the webpage? I know they pay ls1tech.com based on hits..
Perhaps...that being said, I did not come up with the rules, so if you'd like to go to the admins and ask for changes I am in full support of that...
Old 09-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Junior High Director

Originally Posted by scotthd
wow im new to this site and I think that was no where near a bannable offense.. I really dont know if this is the site for me.. How old are you hitler your exalted one. Im betting 16 or 17.. I understand maybe in the wrong area but as a mod cannot you just move it to the appropriate section and post it. just my .02 but that wasnt anything bad.lude or anything like that.. how many posts does it take to be a mod here?
I'm 31, how old are you? I can move posts to the lounge, but that won't stop everyone from posting them here...this section is for auto and western related topics...there is a lounge section on this board and the lounge type threads need to go there. This user (as many others) were warned about posting non section appropriate topics here...I have been a mod in this section since November of 2001 (it doesn't take a certain number of posts to be a mod)....

Last edited by TITAN; 09-12-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Teching In

All I know is that this section is dying from all the people getting ban
I wonder if this is happening in the other sections
Old 09-12-2008, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by titan
The sponsors do not care about these kind of threads...they view the hits/threads/posts in the technical forums (where you achieve post counts as opposed to here and the lounge)...let's be honest, how do senseless/chatty lounge-type posts drive up business for auto related sponsors?
part of the draw to a forum like this is to join up with a community of people with similar interests.
shooting the **** with the locals is part of the draw to the forum.
i understand you're just doing your job, and i hate to shoot the messenger.

Last edited by BobDoLe; 09-12-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
does titan show up to any of the cruises?
is he an *** in person?
HA! LMFAO!

ps I need sex! lol
Old 09-12-2008, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
does titan show up to any of the cruises?
is he an *** in person?
i havent seen him at a fullerton one...but i show up occasionally...

the irvine meet (ive showed up for 2)...i havent seen him...

anyone else can chime in...
Old 09-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Banned

used to go to the fudruckers in Lake Forest.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:21 AM
11 Second Club

Is it just me or does all this sound like McCain and NOBAMA throwing mud at each other.
Where is Rodney King when you need him???????????
Old 09-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Junior High Director

Originally Posted by WS6_Suicide_Machine
used to go to the fudruckers in Lake Forest.
That's right, I used to go every Tuesday and have been to several cruises in the past...

However, I don't have too much extra time these days as I travel constantly for work and am out of town a lot...
Old 09-12-2008, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

As was the thread that got him a 1 day ban....
Where are the rules posted? Also, why wasn't the member warned prior to being banned?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Junior High Director

Originally Posted by ntimid8r
Where are the rules posted? Also, why wasn't the member warned prior to being banned?
Rules are posted all over this site, if everyone deems that I need to have a thread stickied above talking about the Western Section on Ls1tech needing to have threads that are relevant to autos and western related topics than I can but I feel like it's a bit self explanatory...

That being said, he was warned (repeatedly and said the following in a post on ls1.com which I know you saw):

"I will straight up say, that I made that thread as a "test" to see, if indeed, the moderation/administration would be that hard off to ban someone over something that silly... it proved my assumptions right."

He knew he was breaking a rule I had warned him about before and I become the bad guy?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:56 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SVTBAIT
Lol He Got Banned...he Did Post Up Alot Stupid **** Though
+ 1,0000000000000000000000 Wes is always posting stupid ****. You guys need to learn to post cool **** like the video of the "dancing drunk mexican guy shooting a gun".
Old 09-12-2008, 09:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-members/985157-i-m-back.html
Old 09-12-2008, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Rules are posted all over this site, if everyone deems that I need to have a thread stickied above talking about the Western Section on Ls1tech needing to have threads that are relevant to autos and western related topics than I can but I feel like it's a bit self explanatory...

That being said, he was warned (repeatedly and said the following in a post on ls1.com which I know you saw):

"I will straight up say, that I made that thread as a "test" to see, if indeed, the moderation/administration would be that hard off to ban someone over something that silly... it proved my assumptions right."

He knew he was breaking a rule I had warned him about before and I become the bad guy?
I honestly didn't see any rules posted but I now see you made them a sticky. Thank you for putting that up. But you just posted the rule about lounge type threads today, not prior to the thread in question. I really think it's going to be difficult to police the threads in the western forums and what defines "-Western related topics". That's a huge gray area IMO.

From the thread that Soul TKR made....the #2 post is yours and that is the ban. I didn't see any warning in that particular thread. But I understand that you could've warned him in a previous thread.

Thanks for posting up your reasoning on the matter.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Junior High Director

Originally Posted by ntimid8r
I honestly didn't see any rules posted but I now see you made them a sticky. Thank you for putting that up. But you just posted the rule about lounge type threads today, not prior to the thread in question. I really think it's going to be difficult to police the threads in the western forums and what defines "-Western related topics". That's a huge gray area IMO.

From the thread that Soul TKR made....the #2 post is yours and that is the ban. I didn't see any warning in that particular thread. But I understand that you could've warned him in a previous thread.

Thanks for posting up your reasoning on the matter.
While that thread was not there before, I had been locking threads and warning people for weeks now...

Soul TKR was warned previously...
Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 AM
TECH Junkie

in all fairness to Titan... I knew what I was doing when posting this thread...

Do I think it's a retarded, lame ***, nonsense, rule? ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, WITHOUT A DOUBT... it's dumb as ****...

Should we be upset at TITAN for doing his job...? Me being the guy that got banned... i even say no to that... he was just doing his job, and really wasn't a total dick about it like he could have been... I knew when making this thread it would cause a bit of an uprising... but then again, that was the whole point... I made it in hopes of starting a new revolution to overthrow the wicked ways of the evil tech govt...
Old 09-12-2008, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
in all fairness to Titan... I knew what I was doing when posting this thread...

Do I think it's a retarded, lame ***, nonsense, rule? ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, WITHOUT A DOUBT... it's dumb as ****...

Should we be upset at TITAN for doing his job...? Me being the guy that got banned... i even say no to that... he was just doing his job, and really wasn't a total dick about it like he could have been... I knew when making this thread it would cause a bit of an uprising... but then again, that was the whole point... I made it in hopes of starting a new revolution to overthrow the wicked ways of the evil tech govt...
ur making test threads and get a 1 day ban...and u were warned!?!? give me a break...

and i get a 2 week ban...for making threads related to auto and western related...and i wasnt warned...ok ok i admit...i do post some pics of some fine women...but they do live in the 'western' hemisphere
Old 09-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Banned Village Idiot

TITAN when are you bring that Impala to one of the meets???!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Junior High Director

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
TITAN when are you bring that Impala to one of the meets???!!!
When I am actually in town and available to hit one up...
Old 09-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Banned Village Idiot

theres room for one more!! and i still think theres more tech guys with them... like COPPS

Quick Reply: Super Mario rescues the Princess in the Western Section