Old 09-12-2008, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
That was sweet!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you like the picture of Roxy??? LOl i mosted killed her... it was a hott summer day with the windows up and no A/C
Old 09-12-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can someone pm me and let me in on the secret as to how you can go with a trex or ms3/4 in california?
other than the obvious concern of smog, if ca ever gets its budget straightened out and cops are free to send people to the state ref, wouldn't the cammed sound result in a popped hood?
Old 09-12-2008, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
can someone pm me and let me in on the secret as to how you can go with a trex or ms3/4 in california?
other than the obvious concern of smog, if ca ever gets its budget straightened out and cops are free to send people to the state ref, wouldn't the cammed sound result in a popped hood?
Don't drive like a jackass and up shift around cops. Of course you have to pay the $150-200 smog every two years. I heard that if you get caught for some violations, you have the choice of going in or paying a big fine, but I am a newb when it comes to that process. I guess you have to pay to play is the simple answer.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BobDoLe

thought the ref thing was done away with.....

honestly it seems like only spiky haird kids in ek/eg hatchs and sti's get pulled over and fuct with...i had santa ana pd tell me my car sounded good...after letting me off with a verbal waring for rippin up broadway again....even got thumbs up....
Old 09-13-2008, 12:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont lie mike, that isnt the reason why they pulled you over............
Old 09-13-2008, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

I was dead set on an MS3, but i went with a Comp Cam instead because of the drivability aspect and i didnt want to go over 600 lift with the stock heads.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:02 PM
10 Second Club

I daily drive a h/c bird in socal with an MS3.

The car is still to loud though. But I don't have cats so that makes it worse. I'm trying to find a decent way to quiet her up without sacrificing a ton of power(or sound quality). I might do some sort of true duals 4 inline mufflers or something.

I've got 1 exhaust ticket so far. Ended up costing me about 500 bucks. I've been pulled over several other times and let go, with a warning.

Most of the cops around here dont seem to bash on the American cars. Seems like the kids in loud imports get the brute of it. I drive gently on city streets though so that might help.

The best is when a cop tells you your car sounds good. lol, yet it still makes you wonder if they'd pull you over if you got your car over 3k rpms. Anything over 3k is an instant cop supermagnet.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by z28poweredlt1

The car is still to loud though. But I don't have cats so that makes it worse. I'm trying to find a decent way to quiet her up without sacrificing a ton of power(or sound quality). I might do some sort of true duals 4 inline mufflers or something.

I've got 1 exhaust ticket so far. Ended up costing me about 500 bucks. I've been pulled over several other times and let go, with a warning.

Most of the cops around here dont seem to bash on the American cars. Seems like the kids in loud imports get the brute of it. I drive gently on city streets though so that might help.

The best is when a cop tells you your car sounds good. lol, yet it still makes you wonder if they'd pull you over if you got your car over 3k rpms. Anything over 3k is an instant cop supermagnet.
Add mufflers and cutouts, mufflers to quiet it down, and cutouts to free up the power.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should head out to the GM Muscle meet this coming friday and have a listen to my car man.I dont have an MS3 but I have a 111 intake lsa, ARH Longtubes, and no cats and my car is quiet untill you really get on it.

Ryne@CMS built the exhaust...its a 3" Y, into a 4" over the axle, into a single Magnaflow muffler(Single 4"in dual 3" out) and out the rear in the stock location. The only way you can tell it doesnt run cats is the smell.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, but duals just sound better even quiet! So I figure if I'm going to spend the money again, mine as well do it right this time with the duals.

I even added a 28' bullet in the I pipe. Sure it quieted it down a bit. But it's still well over 100db at 2500 lol.

Maybe I should just put cats back on the bitch. Arg money money money money. I just had to buy heads AGAIN! Rofl.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, but duals just sound better even quiet! So I figure if I'm going to spend the money again, mine as well do it right this time with the duals.

I even added a 28' bullet in the I pipe. Sure it quieted it down a bit. But it's still well over 100db at 2500 lol.

Maybe I should just put cats back on the bitch. Arg money money money money. I just had to buy heads AGAIN! Rofl.
Thats true duals sound sweet but you are pretty limited to your muffler selection and round mufflers wont get that quiet without cats...well if you are ever interested and see a red LS1 WS6 at a meet hit me up and ill fire it up for ya. It surprised both me and Ryne how mellow it was.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
Thats true duals sound sweet but you are pretty limited to your muffler selection and round mufflers wont get that quiet without cats...well if you are ever interested and see a red LS1 WS6 at a meet hit me up and ill fire it up for ya. It surprised both me and Ryne how mellow it was.
Hah right on man, I pulled the stage 1 ls6 heads off(one broke) today to make way for the stage 2.5 5.3 heads. Hopefully I'll have them by this weekend so I can get this thing pinned back up on saturday.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hah right on man, I pulled the stage 1 ls6 heads off(one broke) today to make way for the stage 2.5 5.3 heads. Hopefully I'll have them by this weekend so I can get this thing pinned back up on saturday.
Nice...im happy with my 2.5 5.3s, i made good power with em and tuning still isnt done yet. I think ill always wonder what I would have made with trick flows though...oh well track times is what matters. Hopefully ill have some soon!
Old 09-15-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
someone just Pmed me about camshafts, i always suggest something around a 232ish duration, because they might sacrifice about 5 to 10 peak , but make more everywhere in the powerband on these stock headed ls1's. you have to realize that when you run such a large cam in these stock compression motors it shoots your DCR to **** and torque/ midrange power suffers
have you tuned a trex yet?I'm thinking about swinging over there as soon as I get the install for a tune.thanks!

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
no offense george, but you are WAY off. My car drives way better then yours does and I have a HUGE cam by your standards. Once you get your car tuned. you will realize that you can have some camshaft without losing too much driveability

and BTW, a mid size cam will NEVER make the same power as a large cam. no way around it.

the only reason they are selling them is bc they are going bigger!

Originally Posted by geovett
WOW, im way off huh? Do you really know his objective, well maybe you do, im just giving him something to think about....could i be so wrong and ur so right?.......dang man don't be so defensive..............

come on guys. you both are cool and very noligable guys. lets not let a stupid topic get to each other. thanks for the opinions to both of you.

My car is a M6 and I want a cam only car might be spraying later.My power goal are 430-460ish. I have full boltons. might have to switch over to the Fast 92 set up and 410's. i have 373 right now.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

Put a T-rex in that thing and stomp everyones *** on the street. Just like me
Old 09-16-2008, 06:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
have you tuned a trex yet?I'm thinking about swinging over there as soon as I get the install for a tune.thanks!

come on guys. you both are cool and very noligable guys. lets not let a stupid topic get to each other. thanks for the opinions to both of you.

My car is a M6 and I want a cam only car might be spraying later.My power goal are 430-460ish. I have full boltons. might have to switch over to the Fast 92 set up and 410's. i have 373 right now.
yes i have tuned a trex, the valve events, and dcr is better with the trex imo
Old 09-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
dont lie mike, that isnt the reason why they pulled you over............

LOL....naaw...dont have that much clout with the sapd...that STILL woulda got me a DUI...
Old 10-12-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

i will be joining the t-rex club this summer
Old 10-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01black
thought the ref thing was done away with.....

honestly it seems like only spiky haird kids in ek/eg hatchs and sti's get pulled over and fuct with...i had santa ana pd tell me my car sounded good...after letting me off with a verbal waring for rippin up broadway again....even got thumbs up....

Eh not quite. Remember when I took the hit on the way to Crystal Cove that morning so long ago? He poped my hood and didn't even get to hear my car (it was off before we even came to a stop). It's just up to the cop and what kinda mood he's in.

Louis, the question you should ask is which cam will you be able to spin to it's peak poteltial then go from there.