Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

ok... made a LOUNGE request.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 02:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
i think you have a good point wes, but the mods and admins have theirs as well, its their site and dont want to lose the people with money because some other people want to bs, i can understand that most of us in the western section would be a tight knit of people love us or hate us, if we traffic in and set an ex that ls1 tech is just a place to bull ****, yeah they get hits, but the sponsors stop selling and eventually they pull out costing the admins money and so on and so forth, i think my description might be a little dramatic but it makes sense. we will see.
our request shouldn't effect sponsors, really. If anything it'll help keep it in the right place.

they lose us they lose traffic and yes they get a seperate check for traffic, and another one per sponsor. They are getting $$$ both places. It's a win/win!
Old 09-13-2008, 02:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

night guys
Old 09-13-2008, 02:24 AM
11 Second Club

well, i had no idea that sponsors got money back for traffic but rather another reason for the site to charge more for monthly dues, then instead of having guys come in looking for helpfull advice, all the big names out their go elsewhere due to the chaos and the sponsors pick up and leave as well, think of ls1tech as south coast plaza. then the western section as a bunch of penny pinching ******** burning out in the parking lots, complaining about prices, throwing trash on the floors, walking around in big dollar stores aimlessly and starting big groups of people in random spots doing nothing relating to clothes shopping but rather talking about bitches beer and mindless you tube videos, no offense wes lol
Old 09-13-2008, 02:26 AM
On The Tree

i provide traffic and buy crap from sponsors that r on this site...dont ban me Mo Fo's!

i make this site GO!!! lol
Old 09-13-2008, 02:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
well, i had no idea that sponsors got money back for traffic but rather another reason for the site to charge more for monthly dues, then instead of having guys come in looking for helpfull advice, all the big names out their go elsewhere due to the chaos and the sponsors pick up and leave as well, think of ls1tech as south coast plaza. then the western section as a bunch of penny pinching ******** burning out in the parking lots, complaining about prices, throwing trash on the floors, walking around in big dollar stores aimlessly and starting big groups of people in random spots doing nothing relating to clothes shopping but rather talking about bitches beer and mindless you tube videos, no offense wes lol
lol. well i see your point.
to clarify:
sponsors pay to be be mentioned/sale here.
ls1tech gets paid for traffic.
ls1tech gets paid from sponsors.

if sponsors get enough hits on thier own sites-they can petition to get paid for traffic/place ads on thier site. (unlikely)

it's all in marketing really.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Junior High Director

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
lol. well i see your point.
to clarify:
sponsors pay to be be mentioned/sale here.
ls1tech gets paid for traffic.
ls1tech gets paid from sponsors.

if sponsors get enough hits on thier own sites-they can petition to get paid for traffic/place ads on thier site. (unlikely)

it's all in marketing really.
Tech does not get paid for traffic....they get paid by sponsors (set rates) who wnat to be sponsors here and that is it....since the sale to IB, I am sure there are certain sponsor and banner type changes that has the income adjusted a bit differently, however I am not aware of how it works now nor will I be...

The tricky part is in theory if traffic went way up but no additional sponsors were added then the site would be losing more money...thus the basis for the site not being happy with a lot of non tech related discussion....make sense?
Old 09-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Junior High Director

FYI - I directed the admins/directors to your thread Soul TKR...
Old 09-13-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TITAN
Tech does not get paid for traffic....they get paid by sponsors (set rates) who wnat to be sponsors here and that is it....since the sale to IB, I am sure there are certain sponsor and banner type changes that has the income adjusted a bit differently, however I am not aware of how it works now nor will I be...

The tricky part is in theory if traffic went way up but no additional sponsors were added then the site would be losing more money...thus the basis for the site not being happy with a lot of non tech related discussion....make sense?
Understood however with as many hits as tech has I am sure they can petition to certain companies to get paid for traffic. And trust me, tech would be a great candidate for this. This is similar to what was attempted with the google ads but marketed with an outside company that would do all the work for a share of the profits. I've done it plenty before and I would be willing to help tech start getting $$$ for this if they already dont do it.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Junior High Director

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
Understood however with as many hits as tech has I am sure they can petition to certain companies to get paid for traffic. And trust me, tech would be a great candidate for this. This is similar to what was attempted with the google ads but marketed with an outside company that would do all the work for a share of the profits. I've done it plenty before and I would be willing to help tech start getting $$$ for this if they already dont do it.
I am sure now that IB owns tech that is partially how they get paid (obviously when people hit the links on the top and bottom of pages they get paid that way as well), but previously that is not how it worked for tech...
Old 09-13-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pay Per Click is another way some websites create income... not sure if tech uses this or not...

thanks btw titan

Quick Reply: ok... made a LOUNGE request.....