Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Chevy to temporarily halt Vette production due to economy

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 11:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah without a doubt I saw that coming aswell. Its just not practical for our economy right now.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

So what you are saying is that for a week the corvette will become discontinued and my vette will be worth more

EVERYONE!!!! my vette will be for sale on the week of October 6th for $130,000.00!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
if only it were that easy
Honestly, it really is that easy. 80% of the slowing economy is the media is going chicken little at us screaming the sky is falling. There is a reason for this, they are liberal (if you don't believe me, 89% of people that work in the media donate to liberal campaigns, if you can't figure something out, follow the money, it never lies) and they want the economy bad so they can help get a liberal in office. Hate to say it, but if people just start spending cash, the economy will be much better. It really isn't that bad right now. The thing is that things are hurting a little bit, but economies are cyclic by nature, so things are going to go up and down. The media has already helped push fuel prices up (they weren't the only factor, but those *** holes didn't help), and now they want to see other things go bad. They know thier jobs are not in jeopardy because entertainment always goes up when the economy goes down.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if the new Camaro is doomed because of the economy and the tree huggers trying to pretend that Al Gore actually knows what he is talking about. Unless GM comes up with a high performance V8 that does 35 MPG, then I am afraid the Camaro is doomed to a short existance.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FrogHawk
I hate to say it, but I wonder if the new Camaro is doomed because of the economy and the tree huggers trying to pretend that Al Gore actually knows what he is talking about. Unless GM comes up with a high performance V8 that does 35 MPG, then I am afraid the Camaro is doomed to a short existance.
It might/probably, OR all the vette guys who don't want to throw down 80k or whatever the vette is now, might decide the camaro is more practical. OR they could go to ford and get cobra's
Old 09-18-2008, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by hlaalu
It might/probably, OR all the vette guys who don't want to throw down 80k or whatever the vette is now, might decide the camaro is more practical. OR they could go to ford and get cobra's
I can only hope they don't go FORD. uggh. Though, I have to admit, I have a soft spot for early year mustangs and for the 03-04 Cobra, even though it is ugly.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Teching In

This is just a phase of the cycle. Yes we are in the down fall and will continue. I always said GREAT DEPRESSION all over again.

Im a loan consultant for mortgages and God, is shity.

If only new cars would maintained their value better. What I mean is; why would I buy a new 08 vette for $52k if I could get an 06 vette with the same features(and better looking rims) for less than half or about!

Thats what people fear. Spending the few dollars in bad investB
This are bad news but it will get better.

F*&k Cobras.
GM Babies

Good luck to all of us!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cumrag
This is just a phase of the cycle. Yes we are in the down fall and will continue. I always said GREAT DEPRESSION all over again.

Im a loan consultant for mortgages and God, is shity.

If only new cars would maintained their value better. What I mean is; why would I buy a new 08 vette for $52k if I could get an 06 vette with the same features(and better looking rims) for less than half or about!

Thats what people fear. Spending the few dollars in bad investB
This are bad news but it will get better.

F*&k Cobras.
GM Babies

Good luck to all of us!!!
They are not going to stop making the Corvette, because it has been a mainstay for them and people keep buying it. They don't really advertise it as far as I know, and they still sell it. The people who buy Corvettes new off the lot (for the most part) are not going to be terribly affected by the down turn. Yeah, they will feel it, but they will not be hurt enough not to buy that car if they were planning on it anyway.

I really fear for the Camaro though with the cost of fuel and the market. They drove up the gas prices hoping people would get in the more fuel efficiant cars... This does not bode well for those of us that love V8s...
Old 09-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Teching In

I agree.

Hopefully that doesn't hurt the production of the Camaro! We (V8 lovers) have to support the Camaro and encourage people to buy. If not GM is really dropping the model for good. This is our second chance.
LETS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!!!

p.s.
and maybe they will produce the Trans Am again. Hell yeah.

Originally Posted by FrogHawk
I really fear for the Camaro though with the cost of fuel and the market. They drove up the gas prices hoping people would get in the more fuel efficiant cars... This does not bode well for those of us that love V8s...
Old 09-20-2008, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Cumrag
I agree.

Hopefully that doesn't hurt the production of the Camaro! We (V8 lovers) have to support the Camaro and encourage people to buy. If not GM is really dropping the model for good. This is our second chance.
LETS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!!!

p.s.
and maybe they will produce the Trans Am again. Hell yeah.
I think they are going to wait to see how the Camaro does. If the Camaro does well and market surveys say there is a big demand for it, I am sure they will. Businesses are ultimatly slaves to the consumer, and they know this. I think GM is going to try and focus more on fuel efficient cars to try and keep up with the Asain market that is taking over in the states.

Quick Reply: Chevy to temporarily halt Vette production due to economy