Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Spotted F-Body Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess when I only drive the Z the 14 miles round trip to and from work, no ones going to spot me are they?
Old 05-31-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the employee parking lot at disney where I work Ive seen 3-4 fbodys all
V6's and in poor condition. 1 Iroc I saw was so pep boy stickered out it was disgusting and the cheap gas station purple tint put it over the top.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i seen a black formula with a ricer F&F wing....
Old 05-31-2010, 11:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the c5 vette from bullrun on thursday going down oxnard right before lankershim in North Hollywood. i don't know whats worse his hair or all the ugly stickers on the car.

also saw a black t/a with chrome and pink wheels on thursday i think...
on the 101 @ barham about 5pm, blond driving.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MeenZ28
I guess when I only drive the Z the 14 miles round trip to and from work, no ones going to spot me are they?
I'm only like 6 miles roundtrip
Old 06-01-2010, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mannyman84
i seen a black formula with a ricer F&F wing....
I've seen one too, except it was actually a V6. I was driving late at night on the 210 at about 65MPH and see what looks like F-body headlights rapidly approaching from behind, so I speed up a little to pace it and just look at the car. It was a beat up black V6 Firebird with a ricer wing and a dual outlet exhaust that stuck about 2 feet out from the bumper. I figured it MIGHT be a Formula until I checked the side badges and it said Firebird. He started speeding up to way over the speed limit and that's when I knew it was a V6 and that it was floored, so I just paced him for a while at 1/3-1/2 throttle and blipped it a few times just to **** with his head, then slowed down as we were approaching a few semi trucks. I looked over at my passenger and said "you know, he probably thought I was racing since we were driving at around the factory V6 speed limiters." So I slow back down to around the speed limit and let him zoom off into the night. I take the normal exit I always take to drop off my passenger, and see the same car pulling into the gas station right off the freeway. I pull into the gas station and it's definitely the same black Firebird with the ricer wing and the exhaust tips that stick out. My passenger and I get out of the car and persuade him to get out "we just want to talk". Random interior pieces are painted white, the seats are cloth, and the rims are like 16 or 17 inch DUB style. He sees my car and says "Oh, was it you that I was racing?" I go "No dude, I wasn't racing." and then popped my hood where he had the "damn" moment. He says he's just taking someone home. He said he just bought the car with blown headgaskets or something and already looking like that for $1500 and then fixed it and was thinking about putting a turbo setup on it. I asked what kind of setup, and he had no idea. My friend asked about the ricer wing, and he said that he didn't like it (he went through the trouble of changing the headgaskets but couldn't unbolt a shopping cart spoiler????). So we tell him to ditch the spoiler, give him a few websites with useful info to help fix the car, and head our separate ways. A week or two later my friend sees the same black V6 Firebird with the ricer wing still attached, picking up/dropping off the neighbor chick across the street. LOL.

******' V6 owners.

Last edited by ZexGX; 06-01-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

saw a silver firebird/ws6 on sunday? or monday.
convertable, clean car, and sounded nice.
the owner spotted me aswell and gave me a thumbs up.
very clean car.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZexGX
I've seen one too, except it was actually a V6. I was driving late at night on the 210 at about 65MPH and see what looks like F-body headlights rapidly approaching from behind, so I speed up a little to pace it and just look at the car. It was a beat up black V6 Firebird with a ricer wing and a dual outlet exhaust that stuck about 2 feet out from the bumper. I figured it MIGHT be a Formula until I checked the side badges and it said Firebird. He started speeding up to way over the speed limit and that's when I knew it was a V6 and that it was floored, so I just paced him for a while at 1/3-1/2 throttle and blipped it a few times just to **** with his head, then slowed down as we were approaching a few semi trucks. I looked over at my passenger and said "you know, he probably thought I was racing since we were driving at around the factory V6 speed limiters." So I slow back down to around the speed limit and let him zoom off into the night. I take the normal exit I always take to drop off my passenger, and see the same car pulling into the gas station right off the freeway. I pull into the gas station and it's definitely the same black Firebird with the ricer wing and the exhaust tips that stick out. My passenger and I get out of the car and persuade him to get out "we just want to talk". Random interior pieces are painted white, the seats are cloth, and the rims are like 16 or 17 inch DUB style. He sees my car and says "Oh, was it you that I was racing?" I go "No dude, I wasn't racing." and then popped my hood where he had the "damn" moment. He says he's just taking someone home. He said he just bought the car with blown headgaskets or something and already looking like that for $1500 and then fixed it and was thinking about putting a turbo setup on it. I asked what kind of setup, and he had no idea. My friend asked about the ricer wing, and he said that he didn't like it (he went through the trouble of changing the headgaskets but couldn't unbolt a shopping cart spoiler????). So we tell him to ditch the spoiler, give him a few websites with useful info to help fix the car, and head our separate ways. A week or two later my friend sees the same black V6 Firebird with the ricer wing still attached, picking up/dropping off the neighbor chick across the street. LOL.

******' V6 owners.
Lol. I don't understand that ricer mentallity, some people really think it's cool to have an ugly *** body kit with a 747 wing. What a waste of a v6 DD, I want one to drive daily.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyway. Today I saw two SS 4th gen LS's on the 91. A SOM t-top really clean, it had an SS badge in the rear right under the CAMARO design and the other was a black vert with black rims.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

******' V6 owners.

Yeah I had to ask about the ricer wing, plus it didn't help I had had a few drinks so it made it more blunt of a question like "wtf is up with that ricer wing?"
Old 06-02-2010, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
saw that white z28 with black hatch and hood again on cactus ave.

then i saw a copper colored LT1 Z28 with an SS spoiler and black berger panel on mill in rialto
I wonder if that was my old LT1 you saw...? Black Wheels on it by any chance? Pic in photo album.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Staging Lane

saw a few times a white with orange stripes camaro driving out on cactus rd and the I17 with altezzas and ricer wing.

monday night tho, saw a black 94-95 LT1 with chrome wheels driving down west on thunderbird from the I17.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I saw a red third Gen totalled on a light poll or something. I was going East on imperial passing Crenshaw in Hawthorne. I wonder if it's anyone here?
Old 06-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Launching!

******' V6 owners.

SEX shut up man, you were there once. lol
Old 06-03-2010, 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 0235SS
SEX shut up man, you were there once. lol
No way man, I would never let my car look like that.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No way man, I would never let my car look like that.
I will agree that it looked really bad, I think my grand am with my $30 side mount exhaust still looked better than this thing.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by armkneez8
I saw a red third Gen totalled on a light poll or something. I was going East on imperial passing Crenshaw in Hawthorne. I wonder if it's anyone here?
Was a camaro? I think it's my homies camaro that u saw
Old 06-03-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spotted A black SS with chrome ten spokes.. In The Old Rd and Pico Cyn Rd. In
Old 06-03-2010, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Spotted a 35th LE last night on the 210 west around Monrovia area. I slowed down to see if he would run but didn't budge. My cousin said it was a older man driving. I couldn't see.

Also a couple of weeks ago I saw a white ss on white ss zr1's in Pasadena on Marengo.

I don't see many in my area
Old 06-05-2010, 02:21 AM
TECH Addict

Yesterday, Thursday June 3rd, I saw a SOM camaro with a CME and 35th anni. wheels. This was in North Hollywood. Car was

Also saw a white WS6? in the valley. I think it had black bird stripes on the nostrils (on the sides of the nostrils)

Quick Reply: Spotted F-Body Thread