Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

I finally got pulled over in the SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I finally got pulled over in the SS

So this weekend, I was running to the store and I come up to a red light. I see a 60-something Mustang facing me, waiting to turn left. I turn right and drive slow, nothing but green lights ahead and he's still stuck at the red.

Finally light turns yellow. I don't speed through it as I usually would. Instead, I stop. He catches up. The thing sounds good. lopey. I know his car is probably faster, but who cares. I rarely get a chance like this.

I put it in D, turn off ASR and wait for the green. Look around again, no cops.

Light turns green, he doesnt do anything. I start to take off normal. He hits it, so I mash down the pedal, all of the sudden he slams on his brakes.

Red & blue lights behind me! ****. How did I miss that cop? I MUST be getting old. lol. I pull over.

The top is down, my hands are on the steering wheel. Stereo is muted. Cop comes up to me and asks for my license and registration. I ask him why I was pulled over.

He gives me a look like "Are you serious?". I tell him "Those were his tires breaking loose. Not mine." He looks at my car and tells me. I pulled you over because you don't have any plates.

I tell him, yeah, I haven't got them yet. Do you want to see all of my paperwork? I reached in the glove box and showed him copies of all my stuff, all in order. He comes back after a while and tells me "I see you have taken care of everything on your end. It looks like DMV is lagging. I sent them an electronic to to try and expedite the process." I tell him THank you. (seems like it was all a saving face conversation). He lets me go without a ticket.

I've had five cops get behind me and follow me since I've been driving it. I've always been (except this weekend) dressed in business attire and have had my kids with me, so I never had been pulled over until this weekend.

Feels good to not get a ticket.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow... Well played!

x2
Old 09-16-2008, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
So this weekend, I was running to the store and I come up to a red light. I see a 60-something Mustang facing me, waiting to turn left. I turn right and drive slow, nothing but green lights ahead and he's still stuck at the red.

Finally light turns yellow. I don't speed through it as I usually would. Instead, I stop. He catches up. The thing sounds good. lopey. I know his car is probably faster, but who cares. I rarely get a chance like this.

I put it in D, turn off ASR and wait for the green. Look around again, no cops.

Light turns green, he doesnt do anything. I start to take off normal. He hits it, so I mash down the pedal, all of the sudden he slams on his brakes.

Red & blue lights behind me! ****. How did I miss that cop? I MUST be getting old. lol. I pull over.

The top is down, my hands are on the steering wheel. Stereo is muted. Cop comes up to me and asks for my license and registration. I ask him why I was pulled over.

He gives me a look like "Are you serious?". I tell him "Those were his tires breaking loose. Not mine." He looks at my car and tells me. I pulled you over because you don't have any plates.

I tell him, yeah, I haven't got them yet. Do you want to see all of my paperwork? I reached in the glove box and showed him copies of all my stuff, all in order. He comes back after a while and tells me "I see you have taken care of everything on your end. It looks like DMV is lagging. I sent them an electronic to to try and expedite the process." I tell him THank you. (seems like it was all a saving face conversation). He lets me go without a ticket.

I've had five cops get behind me and follow me since I've been driving it. I've always been (except this weekend) dressed in business attire and have had my kids with me, so I never had been pulled over until this weekend.

the cop must have been gay...
Old 09-16-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
the cop must have been gay...
lol. I've gotten two warnings before this one. I have a stack of tickets over my 20 years of driving about and inch and a half thick, all speeding.

One was on my birthday a few years back, the other was, I swear a gay cop. I could swear he was flirting. He was really creeping me out.

This cop this weekend was a big black guy. I'm gad he wasn't gay. lol.

I've had four chick cops pull me over before. All bitches, in fact all but one were butt ugly!

In fact the only cool chick cop I've ever come across was this blonde at a sobriety check point. I tell her "How come I never get pulled over by officers that look like you?" she smiled, snorted and said "Have a nice day"
Old 09-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Launching!

Some people have the Force.

*waves hand* "You don't need to write me a ticket...".

I personally have been pulled over twice near Irvine Lake for speeding in my Thirdgen F O R M Y, and I got off with no ticket. That car was a ticket magnet! Bright Blue with FORMULA 350 plastered to the side with a loud *** Magnaflow catback. The force is strong with this one...
Old 09-16-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by brandotron
Some people have the Force.

*waves hand* "You don't need to write me a ticket...".

I personally have been pulled over twice near Irvine Lake for speeding in my Thirdgen F O R M Y, and I got off with no ticket. That car was a ticket magnet! Bright Blue with FORMULA 350 plastered to the side with a loud *** Magnaflow catback. The force is strong with this one...
Haha. We were catching up on "Heroes" on Saturday, watching the last few episodes of Season 2 in preparation of Season 3. We started discussing which super power would be the best to have (Yes, we're dorks).

I still say mind control is the best. if you have that, you can make anyone think you are invisible, flying, what ever you want.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

**** i got pulled over yesterday.... no big deal. lol
Old 09-16-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FearTheDeer
**** i got pulled over yesterday.... no big deal. lol
I hate it. I got 2 tickets in July. First one was $273. Second one was $475
Old 09-16-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cop: "Are your serious?"

Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
I hate it. I got 2 tickets in July. First one was $273. Second one was $475
Ya i have yet to get a ticket for any of that. I just play bitch and act respectable. cuz i get pulled for to dark of tint, loud exhaust, no front plate. Get a warning. and im on my way
Old 09-17-2008, 01:46 AM
On The Tree

nice work.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1stunna
Cop: "Are your serious?"

hahaha. He wasn't as flaming as Lt Jim Dangle. lol
Old 09-17-2008, 12:42 PM

Man, it is only a matter of time before I get pulled over. Limo tint, blower, cam, LTs, TD, SLP Loudmouth single chamber, no cats, and other loud, go fast goodies. Too bad for the cops that it is an IL car, and it is all legal there, so they can't hassle me for not following CA rules. But I have to really mind my Ps and Qs or they will pull me over and ticket me just for pissing them off. Ha.

Quick Reply: I finally got pulled over in the SS