Too many retarted F-body owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008 | 11:39 AM
Launching!

LOL.....pass the knowledge man..
Old 09-20-2008 | 11:44 AM
Banned Village Idiot

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
There needs to be an IQ test before you can own an F-body, because I have met TOO many people with our cars that just sounds retarted. They dont know what their car has, can do, or what other cars can do. They dont know how to drive thier cars, control their cars, shift thier cars, race thier cars, anything!

Sorry for the venting here, but i stand by my words. If your guna own a performance car, then for the love of God please know your car! And no our cars cant handle or stop quickly, so dont say they can! Unless you mod the hell out of them.

PS: Not all imports are ricers! Who doesnt love a fast, clean import!?!

you my friend were "retarted" yourself before you knew anything about an F-body... believe it or not but there are people out there that just buy an f-body cuz they just look bad *** to them, they really don't care anything else about them... im sure your "retarted" to them in whatever else they are into
Old 09-20-2008 | 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

And no our cars cant handle or stop quickly, so dont say they can! Unless you mod the hell out of them.

PS: Not all imports are ricers! Who doesnt love a fast, clean import!?!
Mod the hell out of? Really, like what is that hard to do? Change some shocks add some decent tires and sway bars or a bunch of cars that are all in need of replacing the now vastly aging stock parts anyway? I might be slow, but its not that hard nor does it take that long or cost that much .

Our cars are imported, what are you trying to say?

You should just expect all the responses of people telling you how wrong you are. Venting never goes very far. If people are really bothering you , then don't talk to them. About 95% of the members of our club didnt need an IQ test- they are just people.
Old 09-20-2008 | 12:37 PM
Launching!

Based on your brake & handling comment, compared to what?[/QUOTE]
Compared to STI's or EVO's. I have a few friends with STI's and damn its nice.

Originally Posted by BuffJoeyD
Mod the hell out of? Really, like what is that hard to do? Change some shocks add some decent tires and sway bars or a bunch of cars that are all in need of replacing the now vastly aging stock parts anyway? I might be slow, but its not that hard nor does it take that long or cost that much. You should just expect all the responses of people telling you how wrong you are. Venting never goes very far. If people are really bothering you , then don't talk to them. About 95% of the members of our club didnt need an IQ test- they are just people.
Well i was thinking of oversized brakes, (Willwood or Baer), plus all the suspention goodies, (LCA's SFC's, Trq Arm, PHB, front and rear sway bars, STB, etc.) all adds up to thousands of dollars. I have a lot of that on my car I just didt put it in my sig, and my sig is also almost 2 yrs old. lol

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
you my friend were "retarted" yourself before you knew anything about an F-body... believe it or not but there are people out there that just buy an f-body cuz they just look bad *** to them, they really don't care anything else about them... im sure your "retarted" to them in whatever else they are into
True, but during that time i was talking to people and trying to learn. Not boasting about what I THOUGHT i knew.

I didnt know **** when i bught my first car. It was a 91' Z28, 305, T5, TPI. When i bought it i didnt even know what Chevrolet was, had never driven stick, and had never had any real interest in cars before. That car is why im here today. So I can relate to pleople who just buy the car for looks or percieved performance, cus i was once them. But when people started to ask me about the car, instead of coming up with an answer i thought was right i just said, "IDK, I just got it" or "IDK i dont know much about cars." Then people would be delighted to lecture me on what they knew.
Old 09-20-2008 | 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Compared to STI's or EVO's. I have a few friends with STI's and damn its nice.

I see, apples to apples.
Old 09-20-2008 | 01:13 PM
Banned

mod the hell out of brakes and suspension? the braking is perfect with the right pads. and u dont need much suspension work to take some serious turns, yea lets all take a ****** IQ test
Old 09-20-2008 | 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ae13291
mod the hell out of brakes and suspension? the braking is perfect with the right pads. and u dont need much suspension work to take some serious turns, yea lets all take a ****** IQ test
my stops and handles pretty well..
Old 09-20-2008 | 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hlaalu
my stops and handles pretty well..
+1 I believe mine brakes, and takes corners fairly well...
Old 09-20-2008 | 01:52 PM
12 Second Club

There's a lot of ignorant "enthusiasts" in all the car world. Vehicle type doesn't matter - you'll always find ignorant/uninformed owners.

Originally Posted by LS1stunna
+1 I believe mine brakes, and takes corners fairly well...
That's what I thought too. Then I went around a real short AutoX course with engine-swapped and gutted Hondas with coilovers and pretty much got my *** handed to me. Maybe it was the OEM alignment settings, 16" donut wheels, stock brakes, the V6, or the fact it was my first AutoX. Needless to say I've been continually upgrading my suspension ever since. On several runs I beat a highly modded mid-late 90s Mustang GT - which was pretty funny. I chatted with him cause he was parked next to me but didn't tell him what my times were. There was only one other F-body there and it was definitely set up for AutoX, the driver was insanely good - yet was still a couple seconds slower than the Vettes. Needless to say I want to have another run at that course.

So, I thought my car handled good until I got to go for a ride in and see gutted engine-swapped and turbo'd imports that have suspension work done and cost about the same as an F-body when finished, I didn't think they could be TOO great. I don't see too many people gutting, engine swapping, and doing full suspension work on their Honda's in my area - usually they cut the springs, rattle-can a paintjob and slap on a giant spoiler. I see this sort of divide in pretty much all car communities - but the ratio of rice/power changes.

True, but during that time i was talking to people and trying to learn. Not boasting about what I THOUGHT i knew.
I had one turbo F-body owner tell me buying drilled OEM rotors would make heat dissipate faster and braking 100% better. I just nodded and didn't want to cause an argument - he seemed pretty set in his ways.

Last edited by ZexGX; 09-20-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-20-2008 | 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Just don't go full retard
Old 09-20-2008 | 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2c5s
Your post sounds retarded. I'm curious about how deep your knowledge base goes? Based on the mods listed in your sig, seems rather shallow.

Based on your brake & handling comment, compared to what?
So True
Old 09-20-2008 | 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by warp_6
Just don't go full retard
you NEVER go full retard, only half retard
Old 09-20-2008 | 03:09 PM
11 Second Club

i go full retard sometimes in a huge office parking lot that is under construction by my house. by full retard i mean some bad *** donuts
Old 09-20-2008 | 03:13 PM
Banned

no you can not retard the timing on a LS1
Old 09-20-2008 | 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

Why even listen to the OP. This guy thinks if you don't wrap your headers it will throw off your tune. WTF?

Check out the quote. Talk about being a T A R D

Well I know people who have not wrapped and then had to have their car retuend a bit for them. But when i come on here people seem to think that it is not needed.

The thing i am afraid of is i put them on without wrap and then it doesnt run right and i have to dump money into a tune and then just have to tuned back in two years for smog.

So I am thinking that if i wrap them while dry and then coat them with a high temp ceramic engine paint then that will keep the heat in and the paint will keep any moisture or oil from collecting on the wraping and rusting or starting a fire. Does that sound like a pretty decent decision?
Old 09-20-2008 | 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

better go and tell Sam Strano f-bodies cant handle....
Old 09-20-2008 | 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
Why even listen to the OP. This guy thinks if you don't wrap your headers it will throw off your tune. WTF?

Check out the quote. Talk about being a T A R D
LMAO. And if we count the thread title and spelling, we could go a long way with the OP. Talk about owning ones self.
Old 09-20-2008 | 04:24 PM
On The Tree

I Have To Agree Some Fbody Guys Are Idiots And Dont Know **** About There Cars Lmao!
Old 09-20-2008 | 04:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by hlaalu
you NEVER go full retard, only half retard
you made me LOL...

as far as the OP goes however, i can see where you are coming from if you met someone who didnt know nearly as much as you about an fbody or an ls1 but I do consider YOU a noob not only compared to people on ls1tech but even if we minimize it down to everyone in the western forum.

Next time you feel like venting... why don't you write it down in your gay journal/diary and keep it private.
Old 09-20-2008 | 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

its not just fbody owners. unlike other cars i've driven, there's a greater chance to come across other people in fbodies that KNOW their cars. regardless of the car, some people are just a little misinformed and could benefit from a little guidance offered by the next kind person. like this guy in a g37 today that thought he could pull on me from a light - i was kind enough to share some wisdom.

Quick Reply: Too many retarted F-body owners