Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Too many retarted F-body owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should take a spelling test before you call people "retarted" next time...
Old 09-20-2008, 05:22 PM
zjt
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
I didnt know **** when i bught my first car. It was a 91' Z28, 305, T5, TPI. When i bought it i didn't even know what Chevrolet was, had never driven stick, and had never had any real interest in cars before. That car is why im here today. So I can relate to people who just buy the car for looks or perceived performance, cus i was once them. But when people started to ask me about the car, instead of coming up with an answer i thought was right i just said, "IDK, I just got it" or "IDK i don't know much about cars." Then people would be delighted to lecture me on what they knew.
I drove a 90 Lumina in highschool and I thought that car was bad *** (it was for the time being). When I bought my 95 Z28 I never cared about cars before so I started reading around on the internet (camaroz28.com because they have a huge LT1 section) and I got my first job working on cars. I busted tires at pepboys, amongst other things.

I don't claim to be an automotive genius, but I'm not stupid and I know my limitations. However, when people treat me like I'm stupid I just want to kick their *** because I don't rag on people too much. Unless they post in the wrong forum.

Everyone has to start somewhere, I finally moved up and I don't feel like a retard when I post anymore.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

sad to say it but my friend falls into this "doesnt know **** about lsx" category. Im not saying i know it all either but i know a fair share....i am starting to teach him the right of way tho for now i just give him props for getting rid of his POS v6 camaro and finally getting an LS1
Old 09-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Exclamation

what i like is all these kids with M6 cars that think they can beat anybody an cant shift for ****
Old 09-20-2008, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

or all the people that tell me thats a bad *** camaro too bad its a automatic.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jsteele90
or all the people that tell me thats a bad *** camaro too bad its a automatic.
Yeah I hear you on that one.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

^ unless i start having a long commute in traffic everyday, ill always get a manual car, i just like being in control
Old 09-20-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Op, just imagine all the people that don't look into f-bodys as enthusiast cars. I have jumped up and down when I have seen a clean one with my friends and they go "where???" Some people really are into their vehicle of choice, others just use it as a transportation appliance. There's two ends of the spectrum. No need to be a dick about it.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Kyle is a import rice-a-Ronni Lover at heart. i have to argue about the stopping fast comment. last friday I almost got into an accident. I was doing about 80mph and there was a stopped car in the middle of the freeway and the car in front of me completely stopped. I was a few yards away and I managed to completely stop without touching the other car. I was quite impressed with my cars brakes.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my car stops and handles very good .
Old 09-21-2008, 03:47 AM
TECH Veteran

my car stops way better with the 01 calipers

luis, you forgot to mention the **** in the dryer moment too.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
Kyle is a import rice-a-Ronni Lover at heart. i have to argue about the stopping fast comment. last friday I almost got into an accident. I was doing about 80mph and there was a stopped car in the middle of the freeway and the car in front of me completely stopped. I was a few yards away and I managed to completely stop without touching the other car. I was quite impressed with my cars brakes.
Go ahead and drive next to an STI and both slam on the brakes at the same time and see who stops first.

Im not saying our cars dont stop well, I just mean they arent the BEST at stopping or handling. Thats all im saying.

God damn i need a Vette!
Old 09-21-2008, 09:07 AM
10 Second Club

Go ahead and drive next to an STI and both slam on the brakes at the same time and see who stops first.

Im not saying our cars dont stop well, I just mean they arent the BEST at stopping or handling. Thats all im saying.

God damn i need a Vette!
Sounds like an STI is more your speed.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

God damn i need a Vette!
I don't think anyone is questioning the braking capabilities of an STI, we are just saying OUR brakes don't suck.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:41 PM

Hey tantaran! Buy a C5!
Old 09-21-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy Birthday Kyle. I see you still struggle with your love for imports. Also it's all a matter of perspective. There are lots of people out there with more knowledge about our cars than you. Just accept it and educate those you can.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Datzneat
Happy Birthday Kyle. I see you still struggle with your love for imports. Also it's all a matter of perspective. There are lots of people out there with more knowledge about our cars than you. Just accept it and educate those you can.
Thanks. Yea i do love imports a lot. The first car i ever wanted was an import. But i fell in love with Chevy when i turned 16. But that 'what-if' part still lingers in the back of my mind.

But thats not what this thread is about. This thread is about arogance. If everyone were humble about thier cars then i wouldnt be trying right now. Sort of like, "live and let live"
Old 09-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FrogHawk
I know exactly what you mean. You should have to take some kind of common sense skills exam before you can buy a muscle car. I remember trying to a couple of Marines with an LS1 Camaro that street racing in down town Oceanside was a really BAD idea, and it was stupid to boot. They insisted that the cops "looked the other way" because they were Marines. if you have ever been to Oceanside, you know this is NOT the case.
I haven't been to Oceanside, but I was stationed at Camp Lejeune for four years and it's the same way.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:33 AM
11 Second Club

God damn i need a Vette!
drive next to a sti and both stomp on the gas pedal at the same time and see who pulls first. its all relative man, your comparing two different sports cars here, chevy builds budget go fast cars, lacking severely in some areas yet exceeding in others, some f body fans never try to road race or perform heavy heavy braking, and on the other hand some sti fans never hit the drag strip or even know what brembo brakes are.

point is there are just as ignorant people in each class of cars, its just sad that ls1 f body's have come down in price to be obtainable by those i deem undeserving
Old 09-22-2008, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

God damn i need a Vette!

lol! i can care less about who stops first. I'm more about who pulls who!

Quick Reply: Too many retarted F-body owners