Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Robber Escapes Via Cragslist

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
whats so hard about covering the comp part of it, buy a cheap lap top with cash, go to a starbucks, make a email, make the craigslist ad, then destroy the lap top. once authority's identify the ip, they go to starbucks, get security tapes of the time the add was made and see a tall white guy on a lap top sitting outside, thats as far as they will come to catching this guy
Hopefully he was careful.

Just something as stupid as driving to the Starbucks and parking your car within site of ANY security camera in the area, and he loses.

****, just in that example alone...
Did he take public transportation to the Starbucks? They could have security cameras.

Did he take a cab? They keep records.

Did he walk? He lives nearby.

Did he bum a ride from a friend? Accomplice or at least someone else who knows about it.

Does the security camera from the Rite Aid next door have a better picture of him?

Using a computer just adds another line of clues. Who knows, maybe he could have posted the ad at the Union hall or in the paper and got the same results.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like it was YOU and now you're getting worried^^^
Old 10-03-2008, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry

Just something as stupid as driving to the Starbucks and parking your car within site of ANY security camera in the area, and he loses.

****, just in that example alone...
Did he take public transportation to the Starbucks? They could have security cameras.

Did he take a cab? They keep records.

Did he walk? He lives nearby.

Did he bum a ride from a friend? Accomplice or at least someone else who knows about it.

Does the security camera from the Rite Aid next door have a better picture of him?

Using a computer just adds another line of clues. Who knows, maybe he could have posted the ad at the Union hall or in the paper and got the same results.
your right, and to think the fbi isnt going to exhaust every last resource would be crazy, hopefully he thought this one thru, i would love for him to get away
Old 10-03-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by m6ttop
Can't be me, I couldn't fit in an inner tube.

your right, and to think the fbi isnt going to exhaust every last resource would be crazy, hopefully he thought this one thru, i would love for him to get away
Same here.

But how fun would it be to commit a sweet crime like this and not be able to tell anyone about it? That's the only downside I see.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by m6ttop

Don't worry Bry, I won't tell anybody that I dropped you off at Starbucks that day with your laptop.

Kind of like the Movie Heat. Robert De Niro is the bad guy in the movie, but you want him to get away clean
Old 10-03-2008, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
Don't worry Bry, I won't tell anybody that I dropped you off at Starbucks that day with your laptop.
Don't worry, I won't tell anyone I withheld your cut.

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
Kind of like the Movie Heat. Robert De Niro is the bad guy in the movie, but you want him to get away clean
And their crew had a few f-bods.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

if i was the person that did that, and I saw that story in the paper, i would think highly of myself. I don't understand why they print stuff like that followed by "if you have any leads, contact us", that's EXACTLY what the suspect wants to hear... that is music to their ears. I'm sure he has read that and laughed his *** off. L. M. A. O.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

And their crew had a few f-bods.

I forgot about that! 93-97 models

Quick Reply: Robber Escapes Via Cragslist