What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 NBM A4 Ebay Auction...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 NBM A4 Ebay Auction...

I'm interested in a local ebay auction. I went and checked out the car and I like it.

The problem is the guy wants $11,000 and says to make him an offer. He has a reserve on the car and he won't say what it is. He was trying to sell it at $11,900 and he said he has been trying to sell it for awhile.

KBB excellent is $8500. Good is $8000.

There are some costly mods. Like the $2400 he spent for the gear swap from 2.73 to 3.42. My friend says that the mods he made are his loss. I shouldn't pay over book ($8500).

I don't know if the rules are against a direct link to the auction so I copied his short description below...

I'm selling my Z28. It's a 2002 with the LS1 corvette motor and a four speed 4L60e automatic transmission. The car has 78,xxx miles on it. The color is navy blue metallic. It has glass t-tops. The rear end has recently been redone with an Auburn pro series limited slip and the gears have been changed from 2.73 to 3.42. The car also has black ZO6 rims, 17's in front, 18's in back. I also still have the stock chrome 16-inch rims with tires on them which will go with the car as well if the buyer chooses. The car has drilled and slotted rotors all the way around and the calipers have been painted red. The stock exhaust has been replaced with the SLP loudmouth catback system. It has a very aggressive exhaust note. The car also includes a Hypertech power programmer. This car is VERY fast and everything works on it. The stereo is an after market Pioneer unit. The stereo works perfectly, but sometimes the display gets blurry. All speakers have also been replaced with Pioneers.The paint looks great with only the usual rock chips on the nose. This car has been my third car and only taken out for cruises usually on the weekends. The car starts every time and runs with no problems whatsoever.

I would like to know what all of you think this car is worth.

A few drawbacks are the miles are high and the stereo is not stock. I would have to replace the head unit which he said he would take off some for that.

Also, the price doesn't seem to adjust for it being an A4. $11,000 seems high if this were an M6. Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Also, if you know of a 2002 Camaro LS1 A4 for sale close to central Ohio let me know. I already posted in the wanted to buy.

Thanks again.

Last edited by MM ZXXVIII; 01-05-2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: To say he has been trying to sell for awhile.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevermind. I found a nicer car.

Last edited by MM ZXXVIII; 01-07-2009 at 04:07 AM.

Quick Reply: 2002 NBM A4 Ebay Auction...