What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What this worth? 1988 Plymouth Reliant K with 22,515 mi

Old 11-06-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What this worth? 1988 Plymouth Reliant K with 22,515 mi

I have just inherited a 1988 Plymouth Reliant K with 22,515 Original Miles, this car was my grandmothers and is in pristine condition. I need to take some pics, but its a dark blue 2 door with everything it came with new. Hell this thing still even smells new

Im just trying to gauge what people would pay for it. I will have the title issued in my name in a few days, but its been free and clear since day 1 she paid cash for it back in 1988! I freakin took my driving test in this car!

Too bad it wasnt a nice old grandma chevelle or something... oh well she actually had one but it got stolen in the 70's unfortunately.

So yeah guys what do you think this is worth? Also if anyone is interested in it please let me know i'd be open to some trades and cash ofcourse.

Specs about the car I can think of off the top of my head is:

Im sure its a 2.2L 4cyl with the 3 speed auto, I need to confirm this,

I should just probably keep it and turn it into a 10sec drag car or something liek that... this guy already did it though

Using stock components, Gary S. Donovan modified a 1985 Plymouth Reliant to run the quarter mile in 10.41 seconds at 132 mph (212 km/h).
http://www.thedodgegarage.com/the_reliant.html
Old 11-07-2009, 09:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

I'm sure someone would give you around $6,000 for it if you are patient for the right buyer. 20+ years old, ultra low miles, all original anything will always have a buyer somewhere. On the other hand there was an instance of even a nicer car (can't remember for the life of me what it was), very similar situation as yours with mileage in the 20,000 range that was used in the 'cash for clunkers' program. They couldn't sell it privately and it was used for that purpose. The dealer was thinking about paying the $4500 himself and trying to make a small profit but wasn't sure if he would get it. I believe the end result was that it was destroyed. Ouch!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah its not a classic car so i dont think id get 6k thats for sure.. and it truly sux that the cash for clunkers deal actually makes them crush them for ever its just sad!

I know that some deserve to be crushed but theres a lot that needed to be saved. There was a classic maserati that had low miles that was traded in at my moms dealership and it had to go too.. it truly sux

Oh well, we'll see what happens i have to figure out something to do with this car...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What this worth? 1988 Plymouth Reliant K with 22,515 mi