What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

'94 Firebird Formula, M6

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '94 Firebird Formula, M6

Talking to someone about their black 94 Formula... which is my absolute dream car. Unfortunately, I only have $3500 and the listing says $5000. The listing, however, has been up since the end of January and the car has still not sold.

Miles not listed
New clutch
Black leather nterior looks good from pics

Book value is $3300 for "good"... but I dunno if that is accurate anymore.

What do you guys think?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Mileage is important even for a 'cheap' car. If it has a ton of miles on it the car won't be 'cheap' for long unless it has been meticulously cared for. You need to go see the car in person to see if you are even interested after checking it out. You can always offer the $3500 cash and see if the owner will take it but I'm still concerned that you will be leaving yourself in a bad financial situation with no money for repairs. I don't know of many 16 year old cars that won't need at least a few hundred bucks thrown in immediately and possibly even a thousand to get it the way you want. Be careful and don't buy from emotion only. It could be a costly mistake. In the meantime keep saving.