What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

99 HOSS low mileage

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 HOSS low mileage

Car is a 99 HOSS with white leather, 6 speed. Has just under 20k miles. But there is one drawback! Car was in an accident at some point and had the rear quarter panel and most likely the door (not confirmed on this one) replaced. The guy is being really shady about the extent of the damage so there is no real way for me to tell. He says the car was hit by a golf cart in a parking lot I think someone t-boned it in an intersection. Haven't inspected it in person yet, but it appears fine from the pictures although it will need some paint correction where someone screwed up the buffing after it was repainted and left holograms. Any ideas what this car is worth?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Isn't that a shame about the accident on such a nice example, plus poor workmanship to boot. To top it off the seller is being 'less than open' about it. Golf cart?? Must have been going WOT

As far as pricing it probably doesn't matter what we think or suggest because the seller sounds like he won't be open to negotiation. The ultra-low mileage on a near mint, clean stock example spells p-r-e-m-i-u-m but for this car with the accident I wouldn't go much more than KBB retail (or less)unless the car is thoroughly checked out and can be repaired for a decent dollar amount. Is the accident showing on the Carfax? That would be good to know as far as pricing right now and for eventual re-sale down the road. If it shows on the Carfax, I would never pay a premium and unlikely even KBB retail.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damage is already repaired. Does show on a carfax report. I was super excited when I found the car, but the more I talk to the guy the more wary I am. Definitely being very shady about the whole ordeal. Deep down I still want it though I'm just struggling with whether it is a smart decision or if I'll be kicking myself later. Any ideas on a price?
Old 08-19-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

It's tough to price with the accident because it does affect 'down the road' value as well as current value. IF the car was MINT with no accident history I personally would have no problem paying in the $15,000 neighborhood. However, as it stands now, and provided it checks out OK, I might pay $11,000-$12,000. I sure would need to drive it and see it. Please let us know how it works out and the price he wants. Good luck!

Quick Reply: 99 HOSS low mileage