What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Pricing on my 2002 SS and 2000 V6

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pricing on my 2002 SS and 2000 V6

Looking to sell both my 2002 SS and my 2000 V6... time to upgrade to the Vette!! Here are the details on both - what do you guys think these would sell for?

2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe - Navy Blue
This car is in pristine condition with very low miles. I am the second owner of the vehicle, which I purchased used in 2005 from a Chevrolet dealership in Michigan. It has every option available and also has a few modifications that were done by SLP when the car was built. It has had regular oil changes with only synthetic motor oil and I always use premium 93 octane gas. This car runs beautifully with no mechanical problems at all and no body damage.

Features:
  • Only 24,680 miles
  • 5.7L LS1 V8 Engine - 345 HP
  • Automatic transmission
  • T-tops
  • Power windows, mirrors, and driver's seat
  • Leather interior
  • 17" chrome SS 10-spoke wheels from SLP
  • Brand new Michelin Pilot Sport all-season tires
  • Monsoon premium audio system with AM/FM radio, in dash CD, 12 disc CD changer in the trunk, and steering wheel controls
  • Dual mount center exhaust from SLP
  • Premium black SS front grill assembly from SLP
  • Factory alarm system and keyless entry
  • Cruise control
  • Factory fog lights
  • Chrome "CAMARO" letter inserts on rear logo
  • Also includes a custom SLP SS outdoor car cover and SLP SS deck mat

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Mystic Teal
This car is in excellent condition with very low miles. I am the original owner of the vehicle and have babied it since purchase. This car runs well with no mechanical problems no body damage.

Features:
  • Only 87,000 miles
  • 3.8L V6 Engine
  • Automatic transmission
  • T-tops
  • Power windows
  • Light gray interior - like new condition!
  • 16" aluminum factory wheels
  • Monsoon premium audio system with AM/FM radio and in dash CD - currently have a much better Panasonic MP3/iPod system in there
  • Factory alarm system and keyless entry
  • Cruise control
  • Factory fog lights
  • No aftermarket modifications
Old 08-19-2010, 06:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 438 Likes on 317 Posts

That SS sure sounds nice. I would price it in the high teens and hope for a few bites. There is a nice 'premium' involved with such a low mileage example and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you have to adjust downwards towards the $15,000 mark then that would be up to you. It takes time to sell these cars when the the price is 'above book' but real car people will see it for what it is and pay appropriately. This is why you see the really nice low mileage cars listed on ebay and Autotrader for weeks and weeks. They do sell eventually but people are not lining up to buy them. They try to 'steal' them first.
As far as the 2000 I would never describe 87,000 miles as 'very low'. That is pushing it. Yes, it is low mileage (8700 miles per year average) but nothing to get excited about. You are probably just in the $5,000 area for this car. You can always ask higher but I'm not sure who would pay that when an LS1 is just a few thousand dollars away.

Good luck with the sales!!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks so much - this is very helpful! I think I have them priced right. No way I am going to trade in the SS at the dealership for $10K!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 438 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by SSCamaroChick
thanks so much - this is very helpful! I think I have them priced right. No way I am going to trade in the SS at the dealership for $10K!
Good heavens, NO WAY!! You would see that on the lot in less than a few days for $18,000. What thieves!

Quick Reply: Pricing on my 2002 SS and 2000 V6