What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Value of a worn parts car

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Value of a worn parts car

I have a 99 SS M6 around 156k that is pretty well worn to its end.

The engine is slightly modified (hotcam, little bit of valve train upgrade from previous owner) is still running great and the transmission is on a second rebuild (6 speed inc, when they were around) with probably 45k on it (would have to look at the receipt at home).

However the rest of the car is pretty much shot. The rear end is making noise again, the front wheel bearings are grinding, the brakes and suspension are due for replacement, the paint is worn, window motors shot, interior plastic cracking, etc. I'm feeling like it would be burning money to make any of these major repairs.

All I'm trying to do is figure the price as a driveable (for now) parts car. I do not have a garage or lots of free time, so parting the car out is not an option. I'd be happy to get $1500 for the car, since the engine/trans are worth a bit and everything under the hood (AC, engine auxiliaries, ecm, etc) works fine.

Just looking for feedback. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any pics?
Old 12-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by zssman
any pics?
I can take some if you like, but it looks like any worn black 4th gen. I'm guilty of not really giving a crap about the paint for the nearly 7 years I've had the car. The left rear quarter panel got crinkled a bit when it was parked, but the rest of the body is intact, just needs to be blasted & repainted.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm sent.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Staging Lane

For those asking for pictures, I will take some over the weekend when I can. This is one of those rare weekends where I'm not going to be doing any sleeping in.

The car is worn black. The front fender and at least the front-most part of the hood show the most road wear since the paint is nicked down to the plastic/metal in a pretty significant portion of the area up front.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Staging Lane

Also worth noting is that I'm not letting this thing go until I find a replacement.

I'm currently searching for a replacement f-body here on ls1tech.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Teching In

PM sent...Im in North Carolina.

Quick Reply: Value of a worn parts car