What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 SS Camaro with T-tops 67,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 SS Camaro with T-tops 67,000 miles

Hello all, I'm new to the site; I'm not trying to sell my camaro on here as I've read, understand, and respect the rules (long time turbomustangs.com member, so I know how the scammers work) In any event, I'm trying to find out how much my SS Camaro is worth, as I am trying to sell it on Craigslist, and have been getting quite a few bights, but nothing sticking.

2000 black SS with T-tops, cloth interior, M6 speed(non-hurst shifter), only mods are aftermarket short throw handle and the 2nd gear skip shift eliminator. Paint is an 8.5-9 out of 10, considering it's the original paint. Only paint damage to speak of is under the passenger side view mirror where it was egged 8 years ago; no paint chipping or clear peeling, but it does have the "spiderweb" appearance, approximately 1.25" diameter. Car has just under 67K miles. Not selling due to problems with car, as it runs great, but need the money to replace bath/shower in master bath for appraisal of house for refinancing. I've been asking $10,000, obo. Does that not sound reasonable for how "virgin" the car is? any insight as to what yall think it's worth would help, as it's my wife's car and I just have not really been that involved in the f-body lsx cars. Thanks in advance.

Nick
Old 01-28-2011, 09:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 538 Likes on 385 Posts

I think you are very close, especially an 'asking' price. In my www.kbb.com area zip code it appears your car is worth about $8,500 'private party' good condition.You might want to see what others are seeing in your area. If the same price then maybe back off to $9,500 for an 'asking' price and it will still leave you some negotiating room. 67,000 miles is indeed low mileage but doesn't add a large premium to the sales price. If the Camaro had 30,000 miles on it I doubt I would sell it for less than $11,000 or even $12,000. It does make a difference.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OKay, awesome, good insight; and see, I neeeed the money, so I may be having to just lose some money from what I expected to get the cash I need for the house! lol

Thanks again for the insight

Nick

Quick Reply: 2000 SS Camaro with T-tops 67,000 miles