What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Trans Am WS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Trans Am WS6

Hey Guys, I'm new to the Firebird world and am looking at getting myself a t/a. I've found a 2000 WS6, 81,906 and they are asking 9,977 at a dealership. I'm going to look at it this weekend and am wondering what to look for, like any trouble spots or anything in particular i should be looking for, besides the usual with a used car. Is 9,977 a good deal on a 2000 with 80k miles?

Here is a link:http://www.iautogallery.com/inventor...ntiac-Firebird

Thank you for any and all help,
Taylor
Old 03-17-2011, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well its lowered. That A/F gauge makes me wonder if it has a bottle or maybe was boosted. The website doesnt show any engine pics and a clear shot of the trunk in which my theory might be correct. let the techies jump in, just my 2 cents.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Teching In

If its a DD your getting it for check the stereo from what I've read the monsoon stock speakers didn't last long but mine were taken out long before i bought my t/a so idk. Check the lights and such be sure to test drive it obviously to see if it runs as well as the ad says. If you get it then I hope its good too you good luck.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

What a typical horrible dealer ad. "One of a kind" "Must see" LOL!! In other words you can rely on the info posted as totally false and unlikely. You will need to check every facet of this car out completely. Look for the headlight issues, cracked door panels, power window motors, all the typical T/A stuff I am sure you researched. Carfax clean? How many owners and who was the last one? Someone that cared for the car or abused the living hell out of it? If you can not get answers, walk away. Too many nice ones out there. Maintenance records? Brakes OK, tranny, etc...??? Need tires? All serious negotiating points. As far as pricing, they are typical dealer high by about $500 at minimum. If the car is really nice (I doubt it) then they would be in the proper retail price range.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Zerokube
well its lowered. That A/F gauge makes me wonder if it has a bottle or maybe was boosted. The website doesnt show any engine pics and a clear shot of the trunk in which my theory might be correct. let the techies jump in, just my 2 cents.
That is a tip something isn't right though it says a 24 month warranty...but on what? And why? Are you paying more for that on their asking price?

Forget carfax, do an autocheck which is by far more comprehensive.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

It sounds too good to be true. Do a complete check on that cars history.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that car says somebody tinkered with me all over it, and when buying a car like that from a dealer it gets hard because you know they have no idea about it, me personally I'd walk

Quick Reply: 2000 Trans Am WS6