What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Do I need to hold out for for better offer

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need to hold out for for better offer

Im selling my 2001 TA that has 72,500 miles on it for 8,000. Mods are in sig along with LS7 lifters i installed this weekend. Im having a hard time letting this thing go here. It really doesnt ride to well with the rear suspension the way it is and all 4 tires need replaced. this thing is very very clean inside and out. Lots of blood sweat and cussing have gone into it. Im an active duty Marine so i dont NEED to sell it....just trying to get some opinions on this from other members....thanks
Old 03-18-2011, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have went thru this about 13 times with all the f-bodies I have owned! With your mods and the low miles I say the person buying is getting a good deal but if you feel like this you will just end up starting all over again with another one. I'd say keep it. Thanks for your service as well
Old 03-18-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

subscribed
Man, I'm in the same boat as you right now. I'm really on the fence about it too.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

The funny thing is the guy thats buying my car already has a deal with another Marine in my squadron to trade rearends. A Moser 12 bolt for a stock ten bolt with stock gears and a t-rex cam....i tried to tell him it wont be the same car but he doesnt like the spool...tried to tell him to get a locker....screw it man it might be fun to watch this train wreck lol.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

It all depends, do you want to get rid of the car? Whenever you mod a car your always going to lose on it, If it were me I would take the time to get stock parts and put the car back to stock and then sell off the mods.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am nearby and if the deal goes through I will trade/buy the 12bolt LOL. I would have a REAL hard time selling it but just follow your heart. I think your buyer is getting a good deal.. Why does the rear ride bad??? Shocks or just noisey with mods??
Old 03-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

noisy with mods brother...that wolfe sway bar roll control thing has 4 hiem joints itself then theres the other 4 on the LCA and the 2 on the panhard bar...lots of metal to metal i guess and the shocks are old which dont help and the spool is back there...its just not street friendly...just sucks to see the car go to someone that is gonna part it out hell i can do that and make a few bux and still get a decent dollar for it but time is not on my side ever it seems.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chesty for President
noisy with mods brother...that wolfe sway bar roll control thing has 4 hiem joints itself then theres the other 4 on the LCA and the 2 on the panhard bar...lots of metal to metal i guess and the shocks are old which dont help and the spool is back there...its just not street friendly...just sucks to see the car go to someone that is gonna part it out hell i can do that and make a few bux and still get a decent dollar for it but time is not on my side ever it seems.
I know the feeling bro! Personally, and this is purely because I love my car so much, I would find another buyer! haha 8K for the car is a great deal if it is in the condition you say it is. Unless some of those noises are from wear and tear. But I'm sure you're a straight shooter, so in your shoes I wouldn't come down on the price, or even sale to that guy for the price, unless I had no other choice cause I was getting shipped out next week. But that's just me.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:23 AM
Staging Lane

yeah it probably needs new shocks but the entire rear is heim joints and that wolfe sway bar thing thats welded to the axle is getting a little worn..im not the best mechanic but it leaves theline straight as an arrow. It needs four new tires also and thats a grand=man im just up in the air
Old 03-19-2011, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't sell it that low.....
Old 03-19-2011, 07:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 538 Likes on 385 Posts

Your car needs $$$. $8,000 is a good selling point. You would not get much more.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:40 PM
TECH Veteran

There aren't many T/A or Camaro's in your neck of the woods (fox body is still preferred) so hold out if you can on your price IMO.

Back up: part it out to stock and get enough on the parts to keep a stock body you can come back to later.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:48 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Keep it and mod the **** out of it!

Semper Fi - A former LAAD Marine stationed right there at The Point

Quick Reply: Do I need to hold out for for better offer