What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

NEED INPUT !! 96 z28 GS LT4 ??? PRICE ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED INPUT !! 96 z28 GS LT4 ??? PRICE ?

Hey guys , I need some input on this . I am thinking about buying it but want to know what you guys would think about paying for it . Here is a list of the mods and all .

1996 CAMARO Z28 WITH T TOPS. I HAVE HAD THIS CAR SINCE 29,000 MILES. IT CURRENTLY HAS 140,000 MILES ON IT. IT HAS A SMALL PLACE ON LEFT REAR WERE CLEARCOAT HAS CAME OFF. THE MOTOR HAS 5,000 MILES ON IT.IT IS A TRUE LT4 OUT OF 96 CORVETTE FROM CALIFORNIA.I BOUGHT THE ENGINE AND PULLED IT DOWN. THE BLOCK HAS BEEN BORED .030 OVER, WITH FORGED PISTONS. MACHINE SHOP LIGHTLY PORTED AND POLISHED AND DID A VALVE JOB ON THE FACTORY LT4 HEADS. IT HAS A COMP CAM WITH .579/.584 LIFT THAT IS HYDRAULIC ROLLER FROM SUMMIT..BRAND NEW VALVE SPRINGS THAT ARE GOOD TO .625 LIFT THAT CAME WITH THE CAM KIT.ALSO RETAINERS,LOCKS,ETC.TWIN 58 MM THROTTLE BODY, LONG TUBE HEADERS WITH OFF ROAD Y PIPE INTO FLOW MASTER MUFFLER. COMPUTER TUNED FROM PCM4LESS.COM. 1.6 ROLLER ROCKERS, SHORTY SHIFTER, COLD AIR INTAKE WITH K&N AIRFILTER.IT ALSO HAS A BRAND NEW STAGE 3 CLUTCH.THE REAR WAS CHANGED NOT EVEN 5 MILES AGO WITH 4.10 GEARS AND NEW INSTALLATION KIT... IT HAS 4 GOOD TIRES THAT ARE GOODYEAR. BLACK LEATHER SEATS. SALAD SHOOTERS CHROME WHEELS, CD PLAYER AND FACTORY A/C.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 504 Likes on 364 Posts

The car you describe is very difficult to price. It will appeal to a very select few that can appreciate what has been done, provided everything functions as it should. I didn't read anywhere about condition. How can that be?
I have ZERO idea as to what has been put into that car as far as price and I hope you realize that owners only get a fraction of what they put into it back at re-sale time. The general 'rule of thumb' is that the owner will get back 25-33% of their original mod money back plus the cost of the car. Let's say the typical 140,000 miles Camaro Z28 will fetch a few grand. Now add that few grand onto the mods percentage. That will be a 'ballpark' figure for you. If $10,000 in mods (I'm just throwing a number out there) have been invested, that is about $2,500 on top of a well-used '96 Z28 price. Do not overpay!
Old 05-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Okay I get what you are saying . He told me there is about no more then 5k on the motor , Said that the motor was out of a 1996 Grand Sport Corvette , and it was completely rebuilt and his boss ( he works at a machince shop ) did all the machince work to it . So i dont know . He said he had about 8k under the hood in mods .
Old 10-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Year: 1996
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $5000
Mileage: 147600
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MD
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

PM me or txt 240 538 8875 ( which is the best way ) anytime

Car is ready to go !!!!

[b]As of 8/12/2011 A/C Compressor Replaced , And Oil Change.
As of 8/24/2011 Car will have a New Spec 2 stage 2 clutch , throw out bearing and pressure plate . And Master Slave cylinder, and 2 nd slave cylinder .

As Of 9/2/2011 Replaced OptiSpark

Motor:
True LT4 from california I have pictures for proof !
Borded .30 over
Port and Polished Heads and intake
Forged rotating assembly
Comp Cam Extreme energy 579/584 lift
Hooker Long Tube Headers
Valve Springs good up to .625 Lift ( came with cam kit )
Retainers and locks
Twin 58mm TB
1.6 roller Rockers
Tuned By PCMforLess.com
Y-pipe- connected to a flowmaster 80 series

Drivetrain: Borg Warner T-56 Stage 3 clutch , Richmond 410 gears

Suspension: Stock

Exterior:8/10 ( clear coat peeling by gas tank )

Interior:8/10 ( small rubbing on driver side seat )

Only problem is that the driver side window is slow .

T-tops don't leak , no mechanical problems .

This is my ad I have on here . Is this asking to much when the car blue books for 4,010 ?

Quick Reply: NEED INPUT !! 96 z28 GS LT4 ??? PRICE ?