What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 Hugger Orange Z28

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Hugger Orange Z28

Some guy PMed me out of the blue and it got my curiosity going so I'm coming to you, anonymous internet people, to tell when what you think it's worth since over the years I've had offers all over the place. I seem to get one every 8 months or so.

So, I have a 1999 Hugger Orange Z28. I believe I am the third owner. I have had it 5 years and flew from Florida to Ohio to buy it. It is my baby, my daily, and my main source of interaction with all of my friends. So, to ask me to part with it out of the blue, well, I'd need to make enough money where I could get something immediatly that was just as awesome or at least put a big damn dent in the price-tag of something better. The idea here to be trading my cool paint, for someone else's cool go fast mods. Ls1turbo maybe?

Anyway...
details on the car:
Car is one of 224 Hugger orange automatic Z28's. Which makes it rarer than a M6 SS Hugger. Car has the Dark Grey ebony interior, leather, and standard Z28 equipment. She literally just turned 100k mi 3 weeks ago and has stacked just 300 on top of that as of tonight when I got back from seeing Contagion (which was awesome btw, go see it).

Mods:
LS6 heads
Thunder Racing TR 224-114" - 224/224 .563/.563 114 LSA 1700-6600 RPM Power Band. Excellent mid-range & high RPM power cam.
comp springs
Hooker Longtubes
EGR AIR delete
SS 10 spoke wheels
3" X-pipe
Magnaflow race bullets
turndowns forward of the rear axle
SS rear axle with 3.42 gears
Gloss Black Berger Panel (still have original in closet in mint condition)
M6 conversion: MOST RECENT MOD! (still have all console and shifter pieces if you wish to go back to auto, old trans may still be in friend's garage) Tick Performance Stage 2 (700hp) T56 1st-4th is forged steel fork upgrade synchros and whatnot. basically everyhting the stage three has except 5th and 6th aren't forged and there's no viper output shaft and yolk
Pro 5.0 shifter
Lou's short stick
SLP ****
Black console
Ls7 Clutch
LS7 flywheel
lid
k&n filter
5% tint on all windows except t-tops where it's 10%. Car was tinted by bulldog tint here in Orlando and the tint is guaranteed for life.

Car has never seen spray as much as I've wanted to. I was holding out for a turbo kit. There is a hole in the intake bezel for a nitrous application, but that part came off another car (while I was doing head work) in favor of the crappy Fernco unit that was on there. The hole is plugged but if you want to install a kit right in front of the intake, the hole is there and ready to go. But like I said, I never have. Nitrous's destructive characteristics make me nervous.

The bad:
The A/C lies are broken in the engine bay. It's a 50 dollar part and then recharge and it'll work again. I'm working on the car this weekend and that is one of the issues I'm tackling.
There is no shift boot. The guy that sold me the console didn't provide one and I haven't gotten one yet because I like to see the pro 5.0 and L.S.S. so it's not a high priority for me.
There are a few large scratches on the passenger side rocker panel underneath the passenger door. Guys at work stacked used axles nextto my car and I didn't see them when I went to leave. Didnt know they were even there till I heard the scraping.
Driver's seat is torn, kinda badly actually. Not flakingly embarrassingly bad to the point of shedding foam pieces all over your clothes, but ripped solidly and so I want to replace it. My brother's Lt1 trans am on the other hand, you can't sit in it without tracking foam and leather chips on your clothing. ick.
The rear end whines. I went to the track for Sunday Funday got 13 passes in and it started whining on the way home. I know where to get another rear end for $100 but I haven't done it yet. I figure, let it explode, till then it just makes an irritating noise which is only really noticeable at highway speeds. Haven't been to the track with the whine, but I wouldn't be afraid to since I've played on the street as it is. Car drives fine. Like I said, it's my daily. And it's faster than a bunch of the Fords around here so I have left it kinda unassuming. People think it's slow cause it's loud, but this car is 11's capable.

Take a look at the photos and tell me what you think...

Photos:

believe it or not, I live in an apartment complex and the speed bumps are NOT a problem with this. Just go slow and you've got no problems.

this photo was taken by my younger brother the first day I was able to walk out of the hospital after I suffered a hernea in my spine. I'm ok now, but it was a pretty damn big deal when it happened. If you look close, you can see the bracelets still on my wrist. So, yeah, my car is important enough to me that it was the first thing I wanted to interact with when I could walk again.

My Future Plans (what I'd do if I keep it): I have wanted to go turbo, put some black or grey wheels on it with chrome lips, an SS spoiler, a sunoco hood, and some half length Hockey Stripes as close to the GMMG standard as I can get and full suspension with a 1.5"-2" drop.

Imagine THIS, but Hugger Orange: THE VIDEO IS NOT MY CAR, JUST AN INSPIRATIONAL VIDEO I'VE USED FOR IDEAS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ce0n7Y5KIA
Old 09-11-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks like a fun car you are getting good use out of. the color is interesting from a rarity perspective, but since you have over 100k miles, different issues, and it's modified, I don't think it's a top dollar car. The color helps, but it's not the only driver in price. so I'll guess between 5-7k.

Quick Reply: 1999 Hugger Orange Z28