What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Two Camaros Values

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Camaros Values

Im currently trying to sell my 450+hp turbo gtp. Want to get back into an ls1 like i had before. Im looking at two possibles but they are both dealership cars atm. info -

Car #1 - 2002 Camaro Z28 - 84k miles - white - A4
Sunnoco Cowl with line and black side scoop decal
SS spoiler
Black Berger mod
Corvette Rims - black
SS badging
Aftermarket interior door panels and seats rears included
Possible engine mods unknown
The dealership has it labeled as a z28 and ss... Called and its a z28. Also has the 35th Anniversery Badging by the radio, which i didnt know z28's could be 35ths correct me if im wrong. KBB value states right at 10k, and the dealer wants $9999 for it. From the pics it looks well put together and good shape but ya those are pictures. I think this is a fair price i would probably offer around 9k for it as it sits.

Car #2 - 2002 Chevy Camaro SS - 81k miles - white - A4
All original SS features hood spoiler badging 35th badge by radio and 10 spokes
Billet grill
Possible aftermarket catback, other mods unknown.
KBB has this valued in the 11.8k range, and the dealer has it labeled at 12,995 which i think is semi steep. Steep being said i think i would offer around 11k for it.

Any advice on these two or suggestions would be great. But like i said i have to sell mine first in order to get 100% serious about these. Although if i do sell mine these will be the first on the list of interest.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Car #1 smells of heavy modding and definitely a young owner who did what to the car?? Is it beat to death or are the mods mostly show?? You really will have to do serious homework on this car and if you can't get proper answers, don't even consider it. It will be the worse $9,000 - $10,000 you will ever spend if it needs thousands of dollars more.
Car #2 is indeed too steep. I agree with you. Again, you will need to research the car's history if you even want to bother 'dickering' with the dealership. That's the trouble with dealers and 'used' cars. There is rarely an accurate history of the car and many will not divulge prior owner's info. Don't be surprised if the salesmen tell you these cars were owned by middle aged women. They live to lie. Good luck with the sale of your car. This is the tough time of year to sell, during the holiday season.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much for your reply. I am kinda thinking the same out of the first car. Im waiting to hear what sort of motor mods were done or it has. Sucks because i am an hour and a half from this car but am not able to get to it really atm. Seems to have quite a bit thrown into the appearance work. The second is a good possibility if i can get the price were im thinking it should be. Yes i will be hounding for previous owners and lots of info on these cars i just havent quite got there yet in the process. My last Camaro i bought from a dealer was lightly modded and i wanted the previous owners info and was denied multiple times of asking.