What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

98 nbm ss m6

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 02:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 nbm ss m6

So I am currently out of the country for a while, but when I get back, I will be selling my Camaro SS. I am going to be upgrading to either a C5 Z06, or a C6 vette . I am thinking that I will sell my Camaro for 10,000. Just wanted to get some input on the price from other people. Please keep in mind that only 161 Camaro SS 6 Speeds were made with NBM paint in 1998. Car info is below. Is 10k a fair price?

1998 Camaro SS
M6
Navy Blue Metallic
63K miles
T-tops
Cloth interior
Power windows/locks/seat
Keyless entry
New paint

Mods:

Flowtech long tubes
High flow cats
SLP loudmouth 1
Volant C.A.I.
Ebay halo's
Ebay white gauges
Kenwood Cd w/ in dash usb
Infinity interior speakers
Ebay drilled/slotted rotors
Black C5 Z06 rims
Old 02-03-2012, 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 516 Likes on 372 Posts

The rarity situation doesn't factor in with a modded car so disregard that unless someone just wants a car that will be unique to his area. Collectors generally will not be interested. The mileage is really decent for a '98 so there is a big upside there for you. Getting $10,000 will be tough especially if that exhaust is really loud. It won't appeal to anyone except younger males, and unfortunately that is the buying segment that has the least cash. With that same buying segment though, the 6 speed is another plus. The mileage and the 6 speed will sell your car for you in the long run so that is good. All you can do is try for that $10,000 but don't expect that much money when the price guides show values quite a bit less, generally in the $8,000 range. You will have that working against you. Best of luck!
Old 02-04-2012, 02:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
The rarity situation doesn't factor in with a modded car so disregard that unless someone just wants a car that will be unique to his area. Collectors generally will not be interested. The mileage is really decent for a '98 so there is a big upside there for you. Getting $10,000 will be tough especially if that exhaust is really loud. It won't appeal to anyone except younger males, and unfortunately that is the buying segment that has the least cash. With that same buying segment though, the 6 speed is another plus. The mileage and the 6 speed will sell your car for you in the long run so that is good. All you can do is try for that $10,000 but don't expect that much money when the price guides show values quite a bit less, generally in the $8,000 range. You will have that working against you. Best of luck!

Those are all very valid points. I appreciate your honest input!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 516 Likes on 372 Posts

You are welcome! The market is tough right now. I'm trying to sell my Z3 (on ebay right now) and not one inquiry. I have it priced right at KBB 'private party' values and no interest. A lower mileage car (49,000 miles) that was $41,000 when new and I can't get a nibble or 'best offer' at $15,000. I might be a month or two early but spring is quite close for convertible sales. Everyone is dealing with the same thing. Once the car gets out of the area of many bank loans (age) the buyer base shrinks drastically.