What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Fair asking price for my 98 Trans am?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fair asking price for my 98 Trans am?

Time to part ways with the batmobile .. These roads are just too horrible up here.What do you think is a fair asking price in North Dakota? Asking for 8.5k OBO. Bought it for 8.1k with 20k less miles and rebuilt the tranny and replaced all tires since. So i'm taking a bit of a loss

132k miles on body.
Tranny was rebuilt at 121k
New tires at 123k

Mods:
Black C6 Z06 wheels
Flowmaster Catback
SLP Lid
3200 stall
160 degree thermostat
Lowered on Eibach springs
dual amps mounted in hatch with 10" sub in stealth box hidden on the side
Very dark tint. Murdered out everything basically

few little minor problems with car.. tear in the drivers seat leather, tiny bit of curb rash on one wheel, side skirt cracked(barely noticeable)

Overall car is in good condition. Pics

Old 04-20-2012, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly see you getting around 7k for that. 20k is a good chunk of added miles, plus I feel that the blacked out look will hurt its value. The near stock cars seem to hold value the best. To put it in perspective, I paid $8k for my 99' SS and it had 110k on it, was bone stock, m6, and almost mint condition. I still paid over blue book, but it was worth it to me since it was a one owner car. I sold my 2002 TA last year for $8800 after waiting 5 months, that one had 100k on it. I got lucky because the buyer got in a bidding war with another guy, but I actually had the price down to $7500 before I lucked out. It may seem trivial, but I'd ditch the green calipers, that will turn a lot of people off. Best of luck.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 507 Likes on 366 Posts

I agree with StreetLethal. $7,000 would be absolute top $$$ on a real good day. The T/A isn't going to appeal to many 'as is'. You can't expect to get back money that you put into a car either, especially one with those miles. Asking around $7,500 will be a good starting point and then you can negotiate. If no calls, lower the asking price until you get some calls. GLWS!!

Quick Reply: Fair asking price for my 98 Trans am?