What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 slp camaro ss

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 slp camaro ss

Hey guys beginning of June I am planning on selling my car out here in Germany and wanted to get a idea what it is worth.. First off to even get the car here in Germany is costs about 3k and then the car has to pass base inspection, which is a tough inspection to pass it can't have leaks, has to have good tires, no dash light on , good breaks , and good shocks .. Any ways here we go

2002 camaro ss
43k miles
Sebring silver
A4
T-tops
FACTORY :
Ebony leather (no rips looks great)
Mods :
Long tubes
oRY
GMMG exhaust
Black wing lid(k&n filter)
Cutout
Smooth bellow
Slp strut tower bar
Tune
373 gears
trick flow girdle
Slp cold air induction
Slotted rotors and new pads (less then 500miles)
Painted calipers with camaro decals on front
Painted Berger panel with emblem pro stainless letters
OE c6 wheels 18"
18x9.5 f
18x10.5 r
275 40 18 f
295 35 18r Nitto nt 05 s all four corners (less then 400 miles)
Alpine head unit (works with steering wheel controls)
Alpine speakers for whole car
2 alpine amps
2 alpine type r subs
Optima red top batt
Hid s low beams and fogs
Car just had all fluids changed with royal purple
EXTRAS:
Weather tech mats new
Slp floor mats 100% new
Trophy mat
4 TA 16" chrome wheels with winter tires(245-40-16)less then 1000 miles
X2 Dunlop m3 tires 275 35 18 winter tires (I only bought these and the TA wheels just incase the buyer uses the car in snow here )
Cover craft Noah car cover
Slp ss original ca recover
I have window sticker , reciepts of work done , manuals and paper work for car in a shoe box
Cars interior is 9/10
Exterior 9/10
Bad things :
Small chip on winshield (safelite repaired)
No back seat
Small scuff on passenger side mirror barley can tell ..
Let me know what it is worth thanks ..
Old 05-06-2012, 10:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 507 Likes on 366 Posts

No one here (unless from Europe) will have any idea what these cars are worth in Germany so listening to any advice from here is almost worthless. I'll try to steer you in the right direction but take all of this with a grain of salt. I've sold two cars overseas but times change. Are there price guide books made for European values? Is there a www.kbb.com or www.nada.com over there aimed specifically for the market there that will include American cars?
All those mods that you have done to the car are almost meaningless here in the US in these financially tough times. You used to be able to add 25-33% of your mods original cost but that just isn't happening anymore. They add very little value to the car and can actually result in finding it tougher to sell. Why? Mainly because an SS such as yours appeals to a very limited market segment, usually younger males who have little cash and would be unable to get a loan for this 10 year old modded car. It is really that simple. I also wonder who can work on these F-bodies over there. You may need to sell to someone that can do the work themselves. What has been your experience with this? I doubt your buyer will care that you laid out thousands for delivery, customs, etc.. This is probably going to be money lost unless you find a very special buyer that loves your modded car exactly as it is and the effort involved in having it in Germany. Your SS might sell roughly in the $12,000 - $14,000 neighborhood here in the US, maybe! If an F-body is in huge demand over there, then great, you should be able to get this. Best of luck! It will be interesting to hear of your experience with this sale.
Here are some links for similar dealer cars that are not selling at the moment (priced too high) here in the US. I hope the links work for you.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...item564a08ec3c
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...item5d3363e957
This one was SOLD:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...item4164cf057b
Old 05-06-2012, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man yeah it seems pretty in demand here .. Just because there are maybe like 10 true SS s here haha . But we will see I would say 14.5 I can can get I have been offered 14.2 already but I backed out because I didn't want to sell yet ..and I know no one there would buy my car while I am here .. But someone based out here in Germany may we will see I will keep you updated on what happens

Quick Reply: 2002 slp camaro ss