What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Help! Trading trans ams?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Trading trans ams?

Okay so I've spoken to someone who put their car on craigslist. Here are my car specs : 1998 trans am, bone stock, new clutch, rear end work, 175k miles and a few interior parts replaced to keep it excellent condition. We were talking and have set up a meeting to possibly trade. Here are his specs below. I was thinking of offering my car plus 2500 if it all checks out. Thoughts?

1999 Trans Am
140k miles on body
Engine: Forged rotating assembly, Machined heads, aftermarket cam, long tube headers, slp lid, around 3000 miles on the engine
Transmission: Rebuilt with small stall converter and shift kit shifts awesome around 1500 miles on transmission
Has aftermarket suspension, subframe connectors, aftermarket rearend with 373 gears.
Set up for Nitrous but never been sprayed. Has the msd box that monitors fuel pressure, rpm, etc so you don't damage the engine when you spray. Comes with bottle just needs filled.
Interior is decent. The drivers seat has a tear and the back seat has some popped stitched.
Corvette wheels
Ttops
Exhaust sounds amazing
Car got 24mpg last time I checked
It has been my daily driver for awhile but would definitely be a great street/strip car or straight drag car. It runs very very hard but is also very streetable. Never overheats and have had no problems with it.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a good deal.if ur gonna give that much amout make sure he showes u paper work on what the car has..i personaly think its too much what ur giving on top