What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Z28 Turbo 5.3, freshened built trans, bad headgasket

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 Z28 Turbo 5.3, freshened built trans, bad headgasket

This idea is floating around my head after being truely cursed with this car. I cant type the whole deal out but i just got done re-freshing the built 4l60 with seals and gaskets + new 3-4 clutch as well as having a 70k mike 5.3 put in with a brand new ls6 cam, lunati dual spring kit, pushrods, gaskets, etc. The car runs perfect, 50 psi HOT oil pressure, but its pushing some hot water out of the exhaust. I'm dead out of money and pretty sick of blowing money on these cars lol. Headgaskets are 100 bucks. The tune needs to be finished after 5000 RPM (where the old motor blew) but its very close. Someone who knows what they are doing could have a potential 10 second sleeper.

The good...
-good running 5.3 with lower miles and new parts
-heavily built 4l60 that was JUST refreshed
-very nice turbo kit w/ T70 .96 turbo, intercooler, good BOV and gate, walbro pump, 60 lb injectors, nice shorty turbo headers.
-nice interior with exception to drivers bolster
-nice exterior (needs a really good buff)
-battery relocation in trunk
-nice 17/18 OE deep dish c6 wheels that are pretty much brand new with great rubber
-tubular turbo K member

The bad...
-drivers window motor is almost dead, along with passengers
-rear end makes very very minor noise at highway speeds (2.73)
-A/C was removed with the 5.3 swap, but it was in the car just NOT working
-obviously the head gasket

I really should just keep the car and fix it, but i dont work on cars and my friends simply do not want to go throw the hassle of the head gaskets. They were nice enough to do the 5.3 swap.

What do you guys think? I really think the car is worth 7,000 considering the price of the parts it needs. Couple hundred and a few weekends and you have a bitchin car.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 497 Likes on 358 Posts

I'm sure it is worth $7,000 but now the hard part. Will someone actually lay out $7,000 for it?? I'm rather doubtful, but certainly try an ad and see if you get any responses. GLWS!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm doubtful too, but i guess i can list it for 8500 and see if i get any hits. Still debating fixing it though.

Quick Reply: 2000 Z28 Turbo 5.3, freshened built trans, bad headgasket