What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

almost ready to sell my gto- add advice.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012 | 03:00 AM
Launching!

Default almost ready to sell my gto- add advice.

Here is my add I am currently ready to put up in the next week or so. Any advice?

Asking 13000 as a starter!

Here is a 2005 Pontiac Gto. Midnight blue metallic, with under 77k miles. The engine runs very strong, well kept with mobile one synthetic at every 3k change. It is also show room clean(engine), you will not find a cleaner engine for this price, that means no leaks of any kind to be found and is always kept clean. The a/c Blows cold, the heat blows hot. The Transmission is a 6 speed manual and the shifts are clean and clear, just make sure your heavy foot is on the clutch, it is not a light clutch, but it is a new clutch put in at 65k(stock). Rear end is rock solid, no leaks, squeeks or squeels.

The Interior is in great shape/Leather is clean and smells brand new (non smoker), as well the carpet and the dash are immaculate.
There is slight wear on all the usual places, but overall nothing is overly worn.
* at this point there is a slight tear in the drivers seat where the stitching is coming apart. I am taking it in within the next couple for weeks to an upholstry shop.

There is some medial damage to the front bumper and the hood is peppered fron highway miles(Ask for pics) -and others various defects common for a seven year old car but the paint its self is very deep and full of color. Either way your going to want the new VFN cowl hood and SAP bumper cover, if you don't know what either is, do some research, your going to want it..
The wheels on this car are reconditioned and custom. They are Charcol metallic and are in great shape!
The tires are at about 60% and should last quite a while longer. Im not a tire shredder.

I added the grand sport stripes to try it out and I like them, but they are vynal so it if is not your style feel free to rip them off (after purchase preferably)
I still get lots of comments on this car, and it is quiet the sleeper and This particular car is pretty rare, as a 1/186 on top of being one of only 33k made from 04-06

I am daily driving this car so the longer this add is up the more miles I put on the car, which is around 700 a month.

The car is very fast, well tuned and I really, really enjoy the car for what it is. There are different reasons i am selling the car, but if i could, I would keep it.
The price is firm, I don't plan on haggling and I don't need it gone asap, I just want it to go to someone who will enjoy it as much as I have.

Newest- will take more before actual add is put up.

Thanks for looking!
Old 09-29-2012 | 10:20 AM
TECH Junkie
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by fuel_junkie
Here is my add I am currently ready to put up in the next week or so. Any advice?

Asking 13000 as a starter!

Here is a 2005 Pontiac Gto. Midnight blue metallic, with under 77k miles. The engine runs very strong, well kept with mobile one synthetic at every 3k change. It is also show room clean(engine), you will not find a cleaner engine for this price, that means no leaks of any kind to be found and is always kept clean. The a/c blows cold, the heat blows hot. The Transmission is a 6 speed manual and the shifts are clean and clear, just make sure your heavy foot is on the clutch, it is not a light clutch, but it is a new clutch put in at 65k(stock). Rear end is rock solid, no leaks, squeaks or squeals.

The Interior is in great shape/Leather is clean and smells brand new (non smoker), as well the carpet and the dash are immaculate.
There is slight wear on all the usual places, but overall nothing is overly worn.
* at this point there is a slight tear in the drivers seat where the stitching is coming apart. I am taking it in within the next couple for weeks to an upholstry shop.
There is some medial damage to the front bumper and the hood is peppered fron highway miles(Ask for pics) -and others various defects common for a seven year old car but the paint its self is very deep and full of color. Either way your going to want the new VFN cowl hood and SAP bumper cover, if you don't know what either is, do some research, your going to want it..The wheels on this car are reconditioned and custom. They are charcoal metallic and are in great shape!
The tires are at about 60% and should last quite a while longer. Im not a tire shredder.
I added the grand sport stripes to try it out and I like them, but they are vinyl so it if is not your style feel free to take them off (after purchase preferably)
I still get lots of comments on this car, and it is quite the sleeper and this particular car is pretty rare, as a 1/186 on top of being one of only 33k made from 04-06

I am daily driving this car so the longer this add is up the more miles I put on the car, which is around 700 a month.

The car is very fast, well tuned and I really, really enjoy the car for what it is. There are different reasons i am selling the car, but if i could, I would keep it.
The price is firm, I don't plan on haggling and I don't need it gone asap, I just want it to go to someone who will enjoy it as much as I have.

Newest- will take more before actual add is put up.

Thanks for looking!
OK, first off, very good photos! I hope you will include more in your ad. Your price seems fair but buyers like to negotiate. Price accordingly. Allow room.
Now lets' clean up the text so that people will actually call you. I am underlining in red for spelling errors (it does matter to some and I am correcting for you so you still need to do it in your original ad) and underlining in blue for something to take out. Why? mainly because you don't want negativity in your ad. Most buyers will ask on the phone and then you will be honest with them. Anyone calling about a 77,000 miles muscle car is not expecting perfection. You also want to establish communication first, not have people ignore your car and move on to another. I've sold well over a dozen cars for my car collector club (writing their ads and taking photos) in the past few years and rarely do I fail.
Best of luck!!
Old 09-29-2012 | 12:08 PM
Launching!

Much Thanks. I have not ran it through a spell check. I would figure my dyslexic *** would mess up on a few things. I will def. clean up the add now. Thank you.
Old 09-30-2012 | 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

IMO that's a pretty good price .. 12k-13k
Old 10-01-2012 | 10:03 AM
TECH Junkie
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by fuel_junkie
Much Thanks. I have not ran it through a spell check. I would figure my dyslexic *** would mess up on a few things. I will def. clean up the add now. Thank you.
Glad to help out. GLWS!

Quick Reply: almost ready to sell my gto- add advice.