What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

'02 Z28 35th Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012 | 03:56 PM
Teching In

Default '02 Z28 35th Anniversary

Hey guys, I have a buddy that called today because he knows I'm looking for a 2001-2002 Z28 or SS. He has a friend that is selling his 2002 Z28 35th anniversary edition. It has 62,000 miles, auto, t-tops, black leather interior, artic white exterior. My buddy is a car guy and he tells me this car is spotless inside and out. He said you can eat off the engine bay. One owner car in what I guess will be immaculate condition. What would be a high and low I could expect to pay for this car.

Thanks for any help!!
Old 10-28-2012 | 06:33 PM
TECH Junkie
15 Year Member

Quite a few scenarios exist but let's start at the top of the price range for a true 35th anniversary car, the one that is red with the stripes. Some people think all 2002 Camaros are the official 35th anniversary car. I'm sure you are aware of that. The prices are different.
A clean title, no Carfax issues, full maintenance history, garage kept, own owner 'stock' example could easily bring $13,000 in a 'private party' sale for a true 35th anniversary car. I have not heard of a white one. Price guides show in the $12,000 range but an extra $1,000 is very fair for a car that meets the requirements just stated.
On the other hand, if any of these conditions are missing (especially the true 35th anniversary part), start subtracting from the high end price. Some factors would be if the car needs things, like tires, any repairs, etc... A car not stored properly over the 10 years of it's life would be another issue, especially for a red car which can fade. Mods could also be a negative unless you loved them. You get the picture. Many scenarios exist and you will need to see and inspect the car in person. It already is 'fishy' with the claimed 35th anniversary statement.
I enclosed an example of a much lower mileage car (and a convertible too) that has not sold at $16,000. I feel that price is accurate yet the owner is having difficulties moving it in these tough economic times. That is why the price I gave above for your friend's 62,000 miles car is top $$$. Don't pay over that. If just a regular 2002 SS then the price is even lower. Good luck!
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...30887033&Log=0

Quick Reply: '02 Z28 35th Anniversary