What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Camaro SS, what's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Camaro SS, what's it worth?

Have a friend through work who has a 2000 Camaro SS, he bought it brand new for $28,000 and it was listed for $31,000. He has been the only owner of the car for its entire life. Unforunately I have no pictures of the car, but I can say that the car is in near flawless condition. 18,000 miles on the odometer, it's a 6 speed manual, Dark/Navy blue. List of mods by my memory are:

-Long tube ceramic coated headers
-LCA's
-panhard bar & lowering springs
-procharger
-tower strut bar
- canned tune

He says the car is pushing close to 500 crank HP.

Accessories on the car include automatic windows, cloth seats, t-tops. That's all I can recall at the moment.

He says he's looking for $18,000-$19,000 for it. Based on the above information, does this price seem fair?
Old 11-15-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

That's too high for a 2000 SS. Even if left 'stock' it probably would not fetch that much money, and the mods reduce the value even more. This has been explained many times here in this forum, the main reason being that a car of this type appeals to a far smaller buyer's market than normal. This limited market is mostly made up of young males who do not have that kind of money, and banks won't be willing to loan that amount either. Middle aged and older males won't be interested fearing the abuse factor and you can rule out about 99% of females as well. A 'stock' example wouild include everyone in the buyer's market and be quite desireable with those very low miles. He can ask whatever he wants but real world pricing will be under $15,000 for a modded car like you describe.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NC01TA
That's too high for a 2000 SS. Even if left 'stock' it probably would not fetch that much money, and the mods reduce the value even more. This has been explained many times here in this forum, the main reason being that a car of this type appeals to a far smaller buyer's market than normal. This limited market is mostly made up of young males who do not have that kind of money, and banks won't be willing to loan that amount either. Middle aged and older males won't be interested fearing the abuse factor and you can rule out about 99% of females as well. A 'stock' example wouild include everyone in the buyer's market and be quite desireable with those very low miles. He can ask whatever he wants but real world pricing will be under $15,000 for a modded car like you describe.
Thank you for the detailed reply. I thought the same thing, because modifications always decresae a car's value, even if done tastefully or mildly. Banks are often unwilling to give out loans for cars more than 10 years old, come to think of it.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

13k..

Quick Reply: 2000 Camaro SS, what's it worth?