What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Thoughts on this 05 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on this 05 GTO

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ctd/3505317836.html

So I was thinking of buying this gto, so I went and looked at it the other day.
The dealer said that the left front strut was leaking, 1 or 2 exhaust manifold bolts were broken off, and the key did not work in the door. Also when I went for a test drive the volume up button on the steering wheel did not work and the back seats were ripping on top by the head rest. The center back seat looked like it was bubbling/shrinking at the top aswell. That was why the car was priced so low he said.

When I took the car for a test drive it seemed kind of sluggish for a 400hp car but it was hard to tell for me. My friend that came with me said it was a little faster than my car ( I have a 05 GXP with some mods, Tune, 3.29 gears, catless DP and a catback ). So is there anything possibly wrong with the engine? The trans shifted good, the oil was clean, and the trans fluid was still a little pink. Carfax said It had a minor accident, the frame where it was hit looked good

The dealer said he had a couple of other people look at it over the weekend. What should I offer? if anything? What else should I look for in the car?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Banned

Pic of whats listed on whats wrong
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps2fddca54.jpg

Also here is a video of what the engine sounded like, it was a little cold but it seemed to sound loud. i know gm has loud annoying lifers but this seemed like something else could be wrong...
http://s282.beta.photobucket.com/use...6b102.mp4.html
Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

wtf thats a damn good price....i dont even want to admit what i paid for my 05 phantom with 38k..have it checked out before you buy and see if its negotiable?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Slickgoat05
wtf thats a damn good price....i dont even want to admit what i paid for my 05 phantom with 38k..have it checked out before you buy and see if its negotiable?
What should I have checked out exactly? and yeah I know... I was hoping to walk in there with 10k cash and see what he says
Old 01-10-2013, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would be skeptical about two things. First off, why would the exhaust manifold bolts be broken off? One or two, I'm pretty sure someone can look and see if it's one or two. That statement alone sounds sketchy. I suspect the car had headers and was put back to stock. If that's the case, you probably are looking at a demodded trade and who knows why it was demodded and traded or sold. Also, why would the key not work in the door? Again, sounds sketchy to me. A GTO should not feel sluggish to you especially if it is your first time driving one. Remember you get what you pay for.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Teching In

+ 1
If you wait/keep looking you can probably find another good deal, but I don't think I would pay more than 10. I paid 9300 for my 05 with 109k. Had some minor issues

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this 05 GTO