What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Supercharged, built 1980 Camaro z28

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharged, built 1980 Camaro z28

What is it worth?
1980 Chevy Z28 4 speed T tops and has been built from ground up.I bought this car 8 or 9 years ago and have just lost interest.I have replaced every thing on the power train from front shocks to the rear shocks.The entire drive, Engine, transmisson, rear end has less than 6000 miles on it.I have An ATI procharger,d1sc which is intercooled and will produce @ 12 lbs of boost..It has a Holley HP Blow through carb built by the carb shop from Pamonta Cal. Its a 750,Areomotive fuel pump and regulator,Fast Burn 385 Chevy crate motor Alum fastburn heads and roller rockers,Cheramic headers,MSD Coil and Billett Distributor this engine will produce well over 700 horses at the crank shaft.It has a Borg Warner Super T10 Fine Spline 4 speed with Center Force Clutch, Pressure, Plate and Throw out bearing.I put a Hurst Compition Plus Shifter,Drive shaft has been safty looped and the sub frame has been conected.Flow master exhaust of coarse..the rear end is a 10 bolt posi 4 wheel disc brake 373 Moser gears and a Cal track 4 link suspension..This is the real deal makes crazy horse power and is really a slick car.THe interior is bone stock excecpt for the White-pro Comp Gagues..I have a ton of money tied up in this car over 10k in the blower set up and componets alone
Old 02-28-2013, 10:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 537 Likes on 385 Posts

Do you feel your 'loss of interest' is just temporary? Maybe set the car aside in storage (if possible or financially feasible). The reason why I ask is that you are going to get clobbered money-wise. There just is very little interest in that type car from a prospective buyer's point of view. Not for the kind of money you would want. Buyers that do appreciate what you have done and accomplished will offer pennies on the dollar. Even if you had $20,000 invested there are just too few people that could lay out even 1/2 of that, and probably much less. I know that isn't what you want to hear but that seems to be the way it is in these tough cash-strapped times.
You can always give it the old 'college try'. No harm, right? Maybe someone out there is looking for exactly that car and what you have done. Best of luck!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was only interested in buying it. that was his ad
Old 03-03-2013, 05:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 537 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by Shelby7
I was only interested in buying it. that was his ad
OK, same advice stands, just in reverse. If you love the Camaro, and everything about it, offer under $10,000 (you decide what amount) and see what the response is. I would not pay more than that as each mile was probably driven 1/4 mile at a time. The last thing anyone needs is a 'money pit'.These type race cars are a huge gamble. I can't imagine paying anything close to 25% of the total modified costs unless you know the car like it was your own. Do you have any idea what his total outlay was over the years? I don't know the prices of these mods so I am 'guesstimating'. Maybe some drag race folks here can comment further.

Last edited by NC01TA; 03-03-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't pay no more than $7500 for it, and that's being generous considering mods don't usually add much to the value of the car. I bought a new 81 Camaro for $6500 out the door with American Racing wheels and a 305 with a 4 speed and posi rear so they aren't worth much today.

Quick Reply: Supercharged, built 1980 Camaro z28