What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1997 Camaro Z28 1LE

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Camaro Z28 1LE

I am going to be selling my 97 Z28 1LE this spring. I have been looking online but can't seem to find any to compare it with. It has 57kto on it,always garaged and never driven in the winter. Everything is original with the exception of the exhaust. A couple of minor cosmetic fixes need to be completed but other than that the car is in very good shape. Anyone have an idea on price? The car is 1in of 48 made and is 30thyou anniversary!
Old 03-25-2013, 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 510 Likes on 368 Posts

Special cars or 'collector' are always tougher to price but many things always hold true, and that is condition, the originality, and the history. Low miles is probably the most important when it comes to laying out the big $$$.
While 57k miles is very low for your everyday 1997 Camaro, it isn't that low as far as a 'collector' is concerned. Even though there are so few in existence it isn't a car in huge demand. Appealing, definitely. IMO a slight premium is in order for your car, maybe a $2,000 - $3,000 one. I can't imagine many buyers willing to pay much more than that. I wouldn't and my car club members wouldn't either. If we were talking about a 10,000 miles car then that would be a different story. That's just the way it works.
Having said all that I would try to sell the car for that few thousand dollars over 'book' which would put it in the $10,000 - $11,000 price range. I'm not sure the demand will be there but there is no harm in trying, right? Unfortunately (bad timing) there is a '97 1le on ebay right now for $7,000 I believe. It has a lot more miles but it seems pretty nice with lots of money put into it supposedly. If someone just wants to own a rare car they may prefer that one over one that is priced thousands higher. I personally would prefer yours with the low miles, and I'm optimistic that others will feel the same way, provided you have described it accurately. If it needs repairs or other 'things', then the price range mentioned above would not be applicable. I hope this helps a bit.
GLWS!!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW...i got $4200 for my 94 1 of 135 and 1 of 4 teal cars. It had 61k miles but needed the hood and front fenders repainted from fading. Interior was VERY clean. Also have brand new radiator, GM opti, GM water pump. new plugs and wires. LS1 brakes. Brand new rear brakes. Aftermarket PHB, LCAs from BMR.

Quick Reply: 1997 Camaro Z28 1LE