What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

97 Camaro Z28 M6 HPDE Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Camaro Z28 M6 HPDE Car

I am considering selling my 97 Z28 M6. It has roughly 72K miles on it (I bought it with 19K in 2000). I built the car to be a track day car and have used it like that since 2005. It is also tame enough to be a daily driver. I used it 3 -4 times a week during the summer to go back and forth to work. Car is in very good shape. I have babied it for years.

TPIS LT1 Heads - They flowed ~281 at .600 intake and ~.190 exhaust (I need to find the sheet to be exact)
XFI280 Comp Cam
TPIS Long Tube Headers
TPIS 52mm Throttle Boddy
Delteq Coil Ignition
Delphi 32/lb injectors
Custom Y-Pipe
GMMG Exhaust
K&N CAI
Innovate Wideband O2 (gauge installed on a-pillar)
Canton RoadRace Oil Pan
High Volume Oil Pump
TPIS Oil Cooler Kit (installed by TPIS)
Pro 5.0 Shifter
Spec 2+ Clutch (only has ~500 miles)
3.73 gears
Oil Temp Gauge
Racetronix Fuel Pump with harness
Hawk HPS pads for Daily use or
Hawk HT-10's Front
Hawk HP+ Rears

Koni SA Shocks (Front and Rear)
Hotchkis Springs (Lowered 1")
C5 Brake Kit (Front)
Strano 35mm Front Sway Bar
Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines (Front and Rear)
UMI Adjustable Panhard Bar
Hellwig 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
Alignment is set up for track days as well. (-1.6 Chamber, 4.3 Caster, Toe -.12)

Custom 4pt Rollbar - Powdercoated Gray
Corbeau A4 Wide Seats
6pt Scroth Harnesses
Windows are tinted
Has a two year old Pioneer head unit that is iPod capable
Infinity Front Speakers

Two sets of wheels,
Daily wheels are C5 Deep Dish from OE Wheels in a Gun Metal Gray with NT-555's
Track wheels are 10 Spoke SS Wheels with NT-01's (maybe one or two track days left)

I have the original seats and a new a pillar. I have some other miscellaneous stock parts. I might be forgetting some of the modifications because they have been done over the years. The car is a strong runner, starts perfect every time.

Main reason I am considering selling it is that I want to move into a used Z06 or possibly a new C7. If I can't get what I want for it I will just keep it. I have a number in my head but not sure if it is realistic. I was thinking of asking 11K. I really don't need to sell it other than my garage only holds three cars and I would hate to park one of them outside. It is definitely a turn key hdpe car that you can enjoy.

How far off am I on the price?

Thanks

Last edited by clean97z; 03-28-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 507 Likes on 366 Posts

While the car is probably worth every penny of $11,000 I just can't see it unfortunately. This section of LS1Tech has been loaded for years now with heavily modded LS1 cars that can't fetch decent money for their owners. Buyers are very leery of these type cars and can't pay good $$ for them, fearing that thousands more may be necessary just down the road.
I would still say to give an ad a shot though. What if there is just one buyer out there looking for what you have done with the car and has the cash? Yes, long odds but what's the harm in a $35 Autotrader ad?? Best of luck!

** Just a side note: Any track 'friends' that might be familiar with your car and has shown an interest? It really helps if someone knows your car first-hand.

Last edited by NC01TA; 03-28-2013 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 03-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I kind of figured it might be an issue with a car modded this far. I really do love it but just want something else. I will probably go post a forum ad and autotrader but don't want any joy riders. Keeping it isn't the worst other than it may not get driven much. I also have the issue of parking vehicles outside.

The track guys I hang out with either have cars similar to mine or they have Z06's,ZR1s, etc.. I will probably throw the for sale sign on it at the track. It has no problems hanging with Z06's in the corners, even made a Z06 Z07 go off the track. Just needs more straight line speed. In 07 it dyno'd 405rwhp and 381rwtq with the current mods. A newer Z06 can put a little distance on it during the straight.

Last edited by clean97z; 03-28-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 507 Likes on 366 Posts

No problem. The sign at the track is a good idea.
I understand about leaving cars outside. Just can't do it. They get ruined no matter what you do or what car cover you buy. I actually tried it once here with a minivan I used to own (good cars in the garage). I got a real good car cover too. Within 6 months I had mice visiting and a mold smell from moisture getting trapped in certain areas. Never again!

Quick Reply: 97 Camaro Z28 M6 HPDE Car