What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

99 WS6 2400 miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Firebrian, thanks for the update. Sounds like the seller read my last paragraph in post #3. Almost to the word.
It is interesting how the door panels crack just from sitting. My driver's door finally started after about 12 years. When it gets bad I'll fix it. Passenger side still OK.
I had forgot you wrote that. It is odd that they added almost the same thing. I don't think this car sells near the current reserve. Seeing as this is the 2nd auction and now there are "updates" I bet that turns off some bidders that had to have it the first time around. Everytime the car goes off and doesn't sell it gets a little more stale than the last time. The seller may have shot themselves in the foot. If I was one of those bidders who just found out this guy missed a big fat door panel crack, I'd have to wonder what else they aren't telling me. I sure as heck would not be scheduling a $500 cross country trip.

On my initial search for an LS-1 in 2011 I contacted a dealership in the mid-west that had a black 20K mile '99 WS6 convertible that was priced reasonable. They sent me some fresh photos as requested. But, when I talked to them over the phone and asked them to list any flaws on the car (and I gave them examples), they said there were none. The car was essentially flawless. Well, that deal never went any further as even from the photos some things were not right.

My door panels will never crack. I have a '99 SS. But I still have to deal with the potential of power window motors failing and bubbles appearing from the roof sail panel. You can't get away 100% clean in these cars.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some good info from a couple of different perspectives. As far as the door panel cracks; the fact is they were missed initially for whatever reason. Appears that the seller probably added them after multiple inquiries from potential buyers since this is such a common problem. The seller is not necessary being deceptive; shows the best way to learn details about buying a potential car after seeing photos is to talk to the seller and then ultimately looking at the car in person if possible. Maybe he added to his listing after talking to people and doing some adidtional research possibly on this forum ? It is always some sort of risk purchasing a vehicle long distance. Missing of the door panel cracks doesn't necessary mean that the seller is hiding anything. Curious if anyone actually talked to the seller ? That is always the good tool to judge items like this. These are good points on how important condition is especially if the potential buyer plans on putting the car in a time capsule amongst their collection. Buyers in that bracket no doubtingly will inspect the car prior to purchase. We know the BIN price but and we don't know the reserve, it should be interesting to see where the car ends up to be on the 2nd auction but like all these ebay cars we will probably never know the final sale price.

Regardless opinions from all perspectives are very useful for any potential buyer...gives them multiple perspectives before diving into a potential large $ purchase.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everytime the car goes off and doesn't sell it gets a little more stale than the last time.
Looks like the final bid was VERY close to the final bid previously $18500 (previously 18700). Although it did not meet the reserve price. I wonder how many of the top bidders actually have the $ for this purchase. Anyway interesting the two actions almost ended identically as far as final bid. I know for a fact the highest bidder of this auction was the same high bidder that bid the 02 SOM M6 that was previously posted "what's it worth game" and backed out on the sale (I talked to the SOM owner). Just shows you again on how there are a significant # of bidders that have no intential to actual buy these cars; seams like thre is better things to do with one's time.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel bad for who ever pays that much for a 99 WS6 with flaws already. First of all the 99 is not going to be anywhere collectible down the road as the 01-02. If the door has cracks, that's from getting on it with the T-Tops out. Is this guy really not going to do change all the fluids and tires for the new buyer??? They have most likely been in there since 99.

The guy selling the car reminds me of sleazily car dealer/ car flipper just by his ad. He's trying so hard to sell you the car with his words and pictures of a lowered T/A moving. It's actually quite pathetic imo....
Old 06-01-2014, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 542 Likes on 389 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by y2k600f4
Looks like the final bid was VERY close to the final bid previously $18500 (previously 18700). Although it did not meet the reserve price. I wonder how many of the top bidders actually have the $ for this purchase. Anyway interesting the two actions almost ended identically as far as final bid. I know for a fact the highest bidder of this auction was the same high bidder that bid the 02 SOM M6 that was previously posted "what's it worth game" and backed out on the sale (I talked to the SOM owner). Just shows you again on how there are a significant # of bidders that have no intential to actual buy these cars; seams like thre is better things to do with one's time.
Sounds like that 'high bidder' needs to be banned from ebay. Really spoiling the auctions for serious bidders.

Quick Reply: 99 WS6 2400 miles