What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

98 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 Trans Am

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering what you guys think my TA is worth. I've seen a few 98's like mine lately for sale around me, normal TA's, and they are asking big money, in excess of $10,000. I'm thinking that's high, so I wanted to see where mine stacks up. Here are the details...

1998 Trans Am
Auto with 70K, 3.23 gears
Paint is excellent with a few scratches and chips
Interior is excellent--no leather bolster wear, door panels are not cracked, and dash is not cracked. New floor mats. Only flaws are a few scuffs in plastic parts and a small bubble on the passenger airbag.
Chrome rims with ZERO road rash, bubbles, or peeling
Brand new tires
All stock except for SLP lid and Magnaflow catback
Not driven in winters
There was some surface rust in spots on the undercarriage when I bought it--I cleaned it all up and painted the car with Eastwood Rust Encapsulator underneath and it's held up well
I'm the 2nd owner
Has new plugs, wires, hoses, belts, aftermarket front sway bar, new shocks, front springs, and shock mounts
AC, all interior buttons, windows, power antenna all work fine

So what do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails 98 Trans Am-trans-am-profile-no-plate.jpg   98 Trans Am-dsc01274.jpg   98 Trans Am-dsc01269.jpg  
Old 07-19-2014, 07:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 438 Likes on 317 Posts

Very impressive looking example. I would not guess there are 70k miles on the car. You and the prior owner have done an excellent job.
You are certainly right about $10k being too high, unless the miles are very low. I'm sure someone will appreciate the care and condition of your T/A. How much over the price guides will someone pay? That's always the tough question. Most buyers, not all, won't go too much higher for a 70k miles car but I would think $8,000 isn't too bad of an asking price. You might even get that price once someone shows up in your driveway and sees and drives the car (as long as it is in very good to excellent condition). If prices are truly that high for similar cars in your area, you might even ask a little higher. No harm, right? You can always lower the price after a week or two if no responses. GLWS!!

Quick Reply: 98 Trans Am