What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Need help pricing a ws6, i'm new to the community.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help pricing a ws6, i'm new to the community.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the ls1 community and i'm in the market for a firebird. I've found one and i'm not sure if it's a good deal and i would really appreciate some help. The car is a 2000 ws6, it has 80,000 miles roughly. Car is very clean, no mechanical issues at all but car has a rebuilt title. Current owner claims he bought it with the rebuilt. He's asking 7500, is that a good deal? Thanks!
Old 10-03-2014, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Probably not a good deal for you with the rebuilt title, especially if you have to ask. Why risk it when there are numerous others out there for sale? Another thread today has the same car (2000 WS6) but with 65K miles for $9,000. If your car were in similar condition to that other car I'd say $7500 was a fair price. Unfortunately, the rebuilt title likely makes the 65K mile car a better value....and certainly easier to determine the real value. The current owner of this 80K mile car needs to be able to provide information and documentation as to what was rebuilt on that car. If not, just pass on it.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

OP, the car in my signature has 47,000 miles and is flawless inside and out. Mods in my signature. $16,000 would be my bottom dollar.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Firebrian
Probably not a good deal for you with the rebuilt title, especially if you have to ask. Why risk it when there are numerous others out there for sale? Another thread today has the same car (2000 WS6) but with 65K miles for $9,000. If your car were in similar condition to that other car I'd say $7500 was a fair price. Unfortunately, the rebuilt title likely makes the 65K mile car a better value....and certainly easier to determine the real value. The current owner of this 80K mile car needs to be able to provide information and documentation as to what was rebuilt on that car. If not, just pass on it.
Thank you Firebrian. I tried to shoot the guy an offer of 6,000 and he wouldn't move off of 6,500. I think i'm just going to pass.

Quick Reply: Need help pricing a ws6, i'm new to the community.