What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 ws6 d1sc m6 ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 ws6 d1sc m6 ????

I am hoping people jump on this thread and help me out with the value. I have had 4 ls1's and I'm not sure what this is worth.

I purchased the WS6 because of the condition of the car and the price. I have been going through the car since july and all work done was as if I am going to keep it for myself. Please help, currently running 5.5# boost to be conservative with the miles.

460RWHP 5280' elevation.

Details:
Black
Black leather interior (good condition) no rips just looks aged.
M6

Mods:
Custom tune
D1SC twin intercooler - Currently running 5#
Aeromotive 340 in tank pump
Seimens 60# injectors
Autometer Cobalt boost gauge in vent
Pacesetter LTs,no cats, True duals, X pipe, magnapack mufflers out the back
Big fan
new clutch master, drill mod on clutch line
nitto 555's
BMR springs
Bilstein shocks

Last edited by mfranklinSS; 02-05-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Teching In

I am at the point where I am not sure if I want to keep putting money into the car or take the parts off for a lower mile WS6 or SS
Old 02-06-2015, 08:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

You didn't mention mileage, condition, or any issues with the car. Let me just lay out these basic general rules of thumb after owning these F-bodies since 1996. Since you have owned 4 other LS1 cars you know that, generally, modded cars bring a smaller buyer's market and therefore a lower price. Buyers fear the possible abuse factor whether real or imagined. Modding is for your own benefit and personal use. Not everyone thinks along the same lines.
The longer you keep any car the less the outlay of serious $$$ will hurt you. Putting $10k into a car seems like a lot but after 5 years it averages out to $2k per year. No big deal for the 5 years of an enjoyable ownership experience. Modding a car and not keeping it for at least a few years just hurts your wallet. You don't get mod money back 9 times out of 10. That's important to remember.
If you feel you will keep the car for many more years, enjoy it and make it right for yourself. Don't worry about re-sale years down the road. No one knows where the economy will be at that point, what gas prices will be, or even if your car stays in decent shape. How much $$$ to spend is up to you.
Good luck!
Old 02-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the response, I agree you dont get money out of mods and I bought the car to work on and enjoy for myself. I had the miles in the post when I originally wrote it sorry. The car is 140K, I didnt plan on working on it but even the dark corners of the car are clean and untouched. What I'm running into is I dont want to drive the car much because as it gets over 150K+ it really becomes worthless. I am at the point where I could take the bolt ons and run, or start digging in to the bottom end, clutch, rear. I have been burned on my last few rides when I exit having them.

98 camaro ss A4, G trim vortech 120K $7500
2001 corvette coupe 70k $17500
2002 Camaro M6 SLP options 60K $8000 (when the economy didnt care for these cars)
Old 02-07-2015, 12:07 AM
Teching In

any other opinions?
Old 02-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Teching In

To the top.

Quick Reply: 2000 ws6 d1sc m6 ????