What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What is estimated value of my 2002 ss slp camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 02:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is estimated value of my 2002 ss slp camaro

Hey I was thinking of getting rid of my 2002 camaro ss and was curious what it was approximently worth. It is a black 02 Slp SS 6 speed manual. It has 8,xxxx original miles. It has the slp center exhaust 335 HP package. Along with the ss grille and Zr1 wheels. I have every single piece of paperwork that came with the car. What kind of price range am I looking at here because I'm not for certain what to ask.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

$15,000-$17000 on the high side of actual sale price realistically if it is in perfect mechanical condition and clean title. Remember when your comparing prices of these cars there are a lot of people on both Ebay and Autotrader asking ridiculous prices as well as Craigslist, there is a big difference between asking price and what people actually get for there cars. I would ask $20,000, but you will most likely have a hard time getting offers of above $15,000 but that will give you a place to start from.

Last edited by McGinnis; 08-29-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:19 AM
Teching In

Yeah it does have a clean title clean car fax btw. Thanks
Old 08-29-2015, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is getting to be a bad time of year in some places to sell a car like that for top dollar, with the end of summer upon us. I would hold off until spring and put it up then. Assuming that the car needs absolutely nothing (original tires and fluids?) and that you are the original owner, I would say no less than $18,000 for it. You may have to wait a while to find the right buyer and I would suggest advertising it everywhere you can, from Autotrader to ebay to the forum here.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Typcially optioned '02 SS's across the country have been selling in the $15.5K-$17K range the past couple of years. I don't recall any regular 2002 Camaro's (non LE Anniv cars, non 1LE) selling for $18K or more unless the miles are extremely low (3K, 2K, or even 1K or less)...or it's massively optioned, SOM, etc.

Just saw one sell for around the $16,200 level on ebay but not a CME. Seemed nice. $16.5K to $16.8K is top-top dollar imo for most of them in the 7K-14K mile range. But the CME, ZR1 wheels, and grille add another $1K+. So maybe you could get into the $17's if the car is crazy nice, even for 8K miles. $15K-$15.5K would be a rip, even now or in the winter. You still have a few weeks left before the summer driving season winds down across half the country. Doesn't hurt to put it out there and see what you get. You've got the right options that buyers are looking for...about the most desirable of all SS's short of having the 1LE option. You mention 335 hp so that says that you don't have the Blackwing air lid. That would have been nice if you did.

If it were me I'd start around mid-$17's. If you don't get what you want this year, there's always next spring when demand picks up again. $16.5K to $17.0K would be a fair price to a private party for a superb specimen. It's not like they grow on trees. I have seen a couple of low mileage, 1 owner M6 SS's go a lot cheaper than expected this month which is a bit concerning...as if they're starting to sniff out a slowly turning economy. Their prices will stay up at this level as long as the economy (and US stock market) is rolling along ok.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Agree with much of the info posted thus far.
I will look at this from a personal standpoint. What would I pay if I wanted an 8,000 miles one or two owner SS Camaro with a stick?? If truly still in excellent condition and garage kept since day one, I would pay up to $18,000. Another $800+ for new tires (provided the original 13 year old tires are still on the car) and a few hundred more for fluid changes due to age (if none done) and I'd be a happy new owner for around $19,000 plus tax, title, tag. I doubt I would pay higher and I'd rather pay $17k or so to be honest. That's how you should look at it too. Ask $18,750 to $19,000 in your Hemmings or Autotrader ad and that will allow for negotiations. That price won't scare any serious buyers. GLWS!!
Old 08-30-2015, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the different points of view of "happy new owner" vs. "I'd rather pay." When I bought my '99 SS M6 in Jan 2012 I paid $12K (via an Ebay auction) for a 12K mi - 1 owner and probably similar condition to this one (had perf exhaust + Auburn but not chrome wheels, or grille). It ended up needing tires due to age as they were nice otherwise, fluids, and an AC compressor....approx $1500 in all. At that time a similar 2002 would have run me about $16.5K-$17K...and very similar pricing today too. Any prices at $18K or over scared me away back then and would do so again today as that's up where WS6's are bringing.

Just went through an exercise in the past few weeks of selling a truck that was priced "too high" though I really didn't know it at the time. I'm sure I scared away some potential buyers. It ended up selling for 71% of what I started at. And in retrospect, I may have been lucky to get that as most of the tire kickers and flippers only wanted to pay 60% max of what I started out at. I ran that ad nationally in a couple of places for 3-5 days...and still only got bites from people within 50 miles of me.

Last edited by Firebrian; 08-30-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Quick Reply: What is estimated value of my 2002 ss slp camaro