What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

02 Pewter WS6

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016 | 08:36 PM
Teching In

Default 02 Pewter WS6

I'm looking at a 02 pewter WS6 all stock A4, T-Tops with 84K miles. The exterior is an 8 and the interior is a 7. The dash pad is cracked and the door panels both have small cracks. Everything works as it should but I have not dealt with these kind of cars for some time and was hoping someone here would be kind enough to give me a ball park figure on what a car like that is worth. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-02-2016 | 08:14 AM
TECH Junkie
15 Year Member

'Ballpark' pricing for a car like this with those miles can be provided by KBB and NADA (average them together for your zip code). If you want more precise pricing, we need more details that price guides don't even consider. It makes a difference. Is this particular car a one owner, garage kept car with maintenance records?? OR ... Is it a 4 owner car left outside year round with no history and last driven by a young kid? You can see which car most people would rather have and pay a bit more for. Also, how is the rubber? We are talking $600+ alone right there. You get the idea. We also can't just assume that the title is clean and the Carfax doesn't show any anomalies. That can seriously affect a price. It's all in the details. Get back with us or just use that 'ballpark' formula I suggested if that's all you need. The last thing anyone here needs is to overpay for a 14 year old used car.

Last edited by NC01TA; 02-02-2016 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 02-02-2016 | 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A reasonable range would be $8K to $11K. It doesn't sound like the car is thrashed but has plenty of wear and tear. A nicely kept example would in the middle of that range. You can check autotrader.com for 2001-2002 WS6's in the 75K-100K mile range. With 15K miles and 1-2 owners the car would be in the $16K-$18K range. Subtract the value of 70K miles to get this car's value.

Pewter is not typically considered an in-demand color. So the current owner has to fight that preference as well as the winter doldrums when these are typically 5-10% less than in summer.

Quick Reply: 02 Pewter WS6