What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

99 hugger orange z28

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 01:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 hugger orange z28

Tossing around selling my 99 hugger Z28 A4 94000 miles super clean always garaged have had the car for the last 8 years...last spring I started doing some mods to the car but nothing major and I still have all stock parts including stock hood and factory chrome wheels. Car was none stock when I bought and I put a slp catback on about 3 years later and slp lid and that was it until last summer when i bought a new FTI 3800 stall converter, bmr lowering springs, bmr adjustable pan hard bar and rear lower control arms and mail order tune from frost tuning. Car is really clean and I don't drive it unless it's nice...I drove it to myrtle beach last year which is a 500 mile trip from me one way everything works on the car and cold AC...trying to figure out what it's worth or if anybody's interested in it make an offer or trade offers welcome
Old 02-28-2016, 08:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

Kind of the same advice given to CGT77 ref his 2002 SOM post. Did you see that post?
In your case I would ask $2,000 over 'book' value in your zip code (use the average of NADA and KBB) due to the desireable color. I doubt anyone would fork over more cash than that. You may not even get it with a car approaching 100k miles, but definitely give it a shot. No harm, right? You can always lower the price later until you hit that sweet spot when the phone starts ringing. If you sell, good luck!
Old 02-28-2016, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The HO brings the best premium on a fully stock, lower mileage car, and preferably an SS. In those cases a 15-25% premium imo. But with Z28, higher miles, and modified, it might only bring 10-15% over a comparable black or red Z28.

Fwiw, when I was in the midst of buying my SS back in 2012, there was a '99 HOSS A4 with 15K miles being offered on autotrader.com for $13,500. It sat there for at least a year. It was slightly modified and probably 1-2 owners.

I think NADA will give you the best idea of what a base Z28 is worth (around $6K). Then add a premium for the HO. Even at 94K, it's still not easy to find an exceptionally clean and well maintained LS-1 F body, especially a HO.

Last edited by Firebrian; 02-28-2016 at 09:17 AM.

Quick Reply: 99 hugger orange z28