What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1997 Z28 M6 what's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1997 Z28 M6 what's it worth?

1997 Z28 M6 30th anniversary hard top. 150000 miles on car. Car is all white in color (no stripes), light gray leather interior (30th anniversary logo on seats) RK Sport ground effects, 19" chrome Concept Neeper Moxy 1 piece wheels. Pioneer 7" double din TV/6 disc changer, 500/1 JL Audio amp, 2 10" JL Audio subs in a custom built SUBTHUMP mdf subwoofer box wrapped in vinyl to match the gray leather. Car is stock with the exceptions of the 80 series flowmaster exhaust with 3" slash cut stainless steel Magnaflow exhaust pipes, and K&N filter. I am the 2nd owner and I bought the car back in 2003 when it had 87K miles on....so let's do the math, in 13 years I've put 63K which equals out to less than 5K a year since I purchased it.

Minor cosmetic issues: Cracked side skirt on drivers side, driver seat has tear in leather from me getting in car, steering wheel leather is lifting. Small dent on rear driver side by gas cap

and now for the kicker: when I floor it, the transmission slips. This just started happening. If I drive it like one should, no slippage.

Any my and all input is greatly appreciated. This car holds a a special place in my heart but I just bought a 2016 Impala and I have my 04 Tahoe. I really don't want to see this car just sit in my driveway collecting dust. So I'm going to sell it. Thank you to everyone in advance. Car located in Southern California
Old 09-12-2016, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone? Give me an idea of what's my car is worth. Thank you

Originally Posted by HIZPANICGUY21
1997 Z28 M6 30th anniversary hard top. 150000 miles on car. Car is all white in color (no stripes), light gray leather interior (30th anniversary logo on seats) RK Sport ground effects, 19" chrome Concept Neeper Moxy 1 piece wheels. Pioneer 7" double din TV/6 disc changer, 500/1 JL Audio amp, 2 10" JL Audio subs in a custom built SUBTHUMP mdf subwoofer box wrapped in vinyl to match the gray leather. Car is stock with the exceptions of the 80 series flowmaster exhaust with 3" slash cut stainless steel Magnaflow exhaust pipes, and K&N filter. I am the 2nd owner and I bought the car back in 2003 when it had 87K miles on....so let's do the math, in 13 years I've put 63K which equals out to less than 5K a year since I purchased it.

Minor cosmetic issues: Cracked side skirt on drivers side, driver seat has tear in leather from me getting in car, steering wheel leather is lifting. Small dent on rear driver side by gas cap

and now for the kicker: when I floor it, the transmission slips. This just started happening. If I drive it like one should, no slippage.

Any my and all input is greatly appreciated. This car holds a a special place in my heart but I just bought a 2016 Impala and I have my 04 Tahoe. I really don't want to see this car just sit in my driveway collecting dust. So I'm going to sell it. Thank you to everyone in advance. Car located in Southern California
Old 09-12-2016, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LT1 cars seem to be hard to move for any kind of good money, on top of the fact that it has 150k on it and you have customized it to your taste. The slipping clutch isn't going to help either. I would put a value of around $3000 on it.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

^^^ I have to agree. No love for the LT1 by many even though I personally never had an issue with mine in my old '96 Formula I owned for nearly 10 years. I even have one now in my '96 C4.
With those miles there will be even less interest. I know it's tough to hear when you 'love' a car but even the high mileage LT1 Corvettes sell for low prices
Old 09-13-2016, 09:13 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GimmeLSx
LT1 cars seem to be hard to move for any kind of good money, on top of the fact that it has 150k on it and you have customized it to your taste. The slipping clutch isn't going to help either. I would put a value of around $3000 on it.
I would say within reason I probably look at more LT1 ads then most and have a pretty good understanding of the market. This is a pretty good summary of what my thoughts would be as well but I would additionally ad that at $3000 you might struggle to sell (not saying you should go cheaper but there just are limited amounts of people even wanting to buy LT1 vehicles). I have watched very reasonably priced low mileage LT1 cars sit at $4000 for months with the impression that they didnt even sell and the listing was removed. With that being said if anyone every wanted a premimum model LT1 (SS, WS6, Hawk, C4 Vette) I would advise to buy in the near future because realistically I dont think it gets anymore rock bottom then the prices I have been seeing.

Quick Reply: 1997 Z28 M6 what's it worth?