What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What Price to Pay???

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Price to Pay???

Ok so looking for another TA and a guy on craigslist is selling a black 2000 for $16.5K here's the mod list.

G5X4 Cam with 630/630 lift, nick Williams throttle body, ported Fast intake, Afr 205cc aluminum heads milled to 62cc, arp studs with .040 cometic head gasket,fly cut pistons, kook headers, 4" mufflex ehaust, slp air box, large injectors and fuel pump, chromoly driveshaft, rpm t56 stage 5 transmission, hurst short throw shifter, tick clutch, strange 12 bolt rear with 4.30 gears, new nitto drag radials on torque thrust wheels, shift light, upgraded rotors, full suspension upgrades, subframe connectors, hid fog lights, new ac compressor

the car itself is fine no tears in seat, typical door crack and that seems to be it based off the pics car has just ticked over 100Kmiles.. for what he's asking what price do you think i should be paying for this car? what should pay close attention to? any more insight would be great. Thanks

Last edited by thesmurf7998; 10-06-2016 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

That car you are talking about has been for sale for quite some time. There are some very extensive modifications such as the transmission and the top end of the engine. The camshaft is very rough idling and the gears will make the engine rev much higher. On top of that, I do not believe it is a WS6, the seats look like they are out of a Trans Am, you need to perform due diligence when you go to look at it in person.

You should be paying close attention to the tires, the wheel wells, any leaks from the differential, how the transmission shifts, condition of the pedals, and how the engine is at idle.

Based on that you can make an offer but I believe one reason it has been on there for so long is the high price. Hey, you want to modify a car, go ahead. But if you want to sell it and recoup your money, take it off and sell the components in the Parts Classifieds.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the car has been posted up for some time. maybe 4-5 months from what iv seen. he claims that it is a WS6, but door code could determine that. I mean its great to have those kinds of mods done but for being a 2000 and the potential of it not being a WS6, 16K is quite a hefty price to be paying for just a modded car with that many miles. i was thinking more in the $12-$13K area

Quick Reply: What Price to Pay???