What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

A day late but THANKS to .....

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 08:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Default A day late but THANKS to .....

Firebrian and RPM WS6 for keeping this section alive and functional with expert pricing advice (well most of the time ).
You have no idea how many people you help out here with rational advice and pricing instead of 'pie in the sky' numbers that don't match reality. I felt I was the only voice here when this section started way back when and I became 'burned out' with probably thousands of posts. I was 'thanked' countless times privately which kept me going. I'm sure you guys are too. I still comment on occasion but it's nice to see the solid pricing advice still being dispensed. It's extremely valuable to those that truly are not sure where to turn. I'm sure I speak for others.
Thanks!
Old 11-25-2016, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks NC01TA. I'm just following your lead. Some very deep foot prints there that we're "trying" to fill. I've been in the car hobby for most of the past 25 yrs and have always liked the idea of keeping tabs on what stuff is worth when it comes to collector muscle/performance cars. And in the process of posting around here, regardless of topic, you learn more. And if you're wrong, other members will let you know right quick. It's also paramount that we allow others the benefits of our mistakes and experiences over the years so that they don't repeat them. And having NCO1TA and RPM WS6 around to clean up my mistakes from time to time is nice to have.

RPM WS6 is a treasure trove of F Body information. I don't know how he keeps all that tech information handy at his fingertips. I wish I had signed up on this forum before I bought my last ride in 2012 as I surely would have been better armed in my decision. Despite having owned a 1998 Z28 for 7 years and 90K miles, I knew relatively little about the tech details of that ride. Even owned a pair of LT1 Trans Ams from 1994-1997 knowing few details other than they were "fun" and a nice diversion from classic muscle cars. The information that has gone through this site since inception is staggering. Thanks to everyone who contributes.

Last edited by Firebrian; 11-25-2016 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:20 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Thank you gentlemen, and happy Thanksgiving to both of you and all of the members and staff here at LS1Tech. It's always been a great pleasure interacting with both of you, via the open forums as well as PMs. And thank you both for all of your contributions to this section and the site in general.

This site was founded 15 years ago this month; I've been here since day one and consider myself lucky to have been able to learn from some of the most knowledgeable people in this hobby and industry, as well as help many others with my own knowledge and experiences. Over the years I've met countless great folks because of this site, and for that I am very thankful.

In the mid '90s I had a '71 Cutlass and then an '89 Formula 350 as "toys". That Formula got me interested in the then-newest generation of F-body, and so began my quest for 4th gen knowledge and ownership. I was fortunate enough to be in a position to buy two of these cars brand new, as well as experience the entire range of possible uses (show/weekend cruiser, modified street/strip, stock daily driver) with four different examples. I've never lost interest in these cars and, through passion for the platform, have committed as much pertinent information as possible to memory (plus several paper and e-documents I've saved over the years.)

There is a wealth of great information on this site, from "how-to" threads/links to the endless discussions that have led to answers and sharing of knowledge. Thanks to everyone who has made this possible.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:32 PM
Launching!

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

The 3 of you are indispensable.

You help out a lot of rookies and people that do not know what to look for when inspecting a car, values of cars with specific mileage and condition and what to repair when the sale is complete.

The forum is better because of people like you guys. Keep up the hard work.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:05 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

^ Very kind words above, thank you.

Quick Reply: A day late but THANKS to .....