What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Is this thing worth selling?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is this thing worth selling?

1999 TT Trans Am (WS6 Clone)
125k on shell
1k on motor
5k on trans/rear
AC delete
car runs and drives great with no problems

Turbo kit
It’s a twin 60mm Garrett turbo setup. 1k miles on turbos
Catch can
Turbo works scavenger pump
Intercooler? unknown brand
Wrapped manifolds
2 TAI blow off valves

Engine
6.0 LQ9 bored .030 10:5 compression
LQ9 crank
Forged rods/pistons
tick ls2 stg2 turbo cam
Arp block and head bolts
318 heads ported and cleaned
Fast intake102/tb102
Fast rails
Aero fpr
Slp under drive
Dyno tuned by lethal in Dandridge TN

Fuel
80lbs injectors
10an return
8an feed
chris's dual 450 fuel pump

Transmission
Mcleod RST with balanced aluminum fly
Tick slave/master
Tick tr 6060
Pro 5.0 shifter
PST Driveshaft

Rearend
Moser M9
35 spline axels
Wave trac diff

Suspension
Sphon a arms (upper and lower)
Sphon k member
Sphon swaybar
Sphon panhard/ swaybar rear
Welded subframes
Brute speed torque arm/ transmission crossmember
DS safety loop
SA koni/strano front and rear
Sphon lca’s
Sphon soild motor mounts

Interior
Factory
AEM analog/digital installed in ac vents
Oil/fuel pressure
Boost
Wideban

Exterior
OEM ws6 hood and badges
Racestar 17/15 with brand new tires
Line lock

Exhaust
dual qtp e cutout
MF muffler quad tips ( brand NEW not installed yet)

Issues with car
Speedo don’t work
No radio
Gauges are off (rpm temp oil fuel) need calibrated
small oil drip coming from turbo fitting
Old 04-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

trying to upload pics and a video, its not working.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Depends on what your trying to get for it. By the sounds of it the car might be one of those ones in which you would make more money parting it out then selling the shell for what you can get.

if your trying to get 7 to 10k I say that might be achievable. Anything over that and your hoping to find the guy looking for this exact setup.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

few pics
Attached Thumbnails Is this thing worth selling?-20180116_114016.jpg   Is this thing worth selling?-20170505_195204.jpg   Is this thing worth selling?-20160621_191706.jpeg  
Old 04-04-2018, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bandits96ss
Depends on what your trying to get for it. By the sounds of it the car might be one of those ones in which you would make more money parting it out then selling the shell for what you can get.

if your trying to get 7 to 10k I say that might be achievable. Anything over that and your hoping to find the guy looking for this exact setup.
yeah you're right about parting it out, but that takes a lot of time and is a pain. 7 to 10 k may be the right price range for a fully built 700hp (8lbs) daily drivable car, but honestly the car will sit in the garage for 7-10k. so I guess you answer my question is it worth selling? cut and dry Nope!
Old 04-04-2018, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I think your way off on the 7-10k range. I see bolt on cars sell for that. With all the good parts the car has I could see it going for 14+. But something like this doesn't sell overnight.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z
I think your way off on the 7-10k range. I see bolt on cars sell for that. With all the good parts the car has I could see it going for 14+. But something like this doesn't sell overnight.

haha I was thinking, man just the transmission, clutch and fly were 8k. I know its not worth what I paid new, or gonna get anywhere near the 40k I have in it. the CCWS with tires was 5k lol
Old 04-04-2018, 02:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What are the injectors?
Old 04-04-2018, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

In my circle of friends,, as it applies to race cars, we kinda all look at some things similarly,,,

1. All engines need rebuilt, unless there is some pretty serious documentation of age, and runtime, and how its been run, and if it was built more than a month ago, go back to beginning. LOL
2. If the motor doesn't have a pedigree, its not worth any more than a vanilla crate motor.
(Doesn't have to be a Childress or Rouche but the builder better be well known at the track)
3. Wheels are worth the current cost of Aluminum per lb..
4. Add up the cost of the whole gage package and subtract about 1/3... (Personally I won't pay anything extra for Autometer gauges,, had too many fail..

Basically in all the car transactions I've seen in my life for performance cars, < half turn out to be as good as they look up front..

Not trying to trash the car just talking about the thought process on buying and selling cars.. Kinda like horse trading The horse is always younger and faster..
Old 04-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=pdxmotorhead;19869111]

(Personally I won't pay anything extra for Autometer gauges,, had too many fail..
QUOTE]

the reason I didn't go with autometer.

I get what your saying everyone tries to polish turds but not my case, I have nothing to gain and not trying to get rich of a firebird.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by handyandy496
What are the injectors?
cant remember exactly, as everything I listed was from memory. ill check though.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

oh yea,, I have a similar issue, my jeep is worth way way more at a swap meet than assembled, I mean I have 5K+ just in the axles with 2 lockers and Cromoly axles , and the labor to fit a 44 in place of a Dana 35..

On the other hand,, once the LS is in,, I think I'm right side up 90's Jeeps with LS swaps have stupid pricing..
Old 04-04-2018, 04:16 PM
Launching!

That's kind of what I was imposing is that to have a quick sale those would be the price ranges I would see. As you stated most everyone is leery of a built car especially those that go FI or nitrous as there are just a lot of variables. What I was more suggesting is the drivetrsin is worth more outside of a 99 TA clone with 125k miles. Do I think it could be a 15k car? Yeah to the right guy looking for this exact setup and has money he is willing to take a chance with. The problem is there are few and far between I usually give price estimates related to that of the casual market.

The bigger reality is for 15k+ you start getting into the price range of many other great performance cars. C5z, Termis, GTO, many other heavily modded fbodies, even 5th gen SS and 1le are dippong into the teens. I guess what im am saying is for thay kind of money a 99 TA gets lost in the noise and makes it even that much harder to sell. I don't know to many guys looking for a high mileage 99 TA no disrespect as you have a very nice car but the platform is just getting old. If you do get that kind of money my guess would be it is cuz someone sees there is money to be made on the parts or realized that to have a fast straight line car it's a lot easier to buy one in which someone as yourself has invested alot up front
Old 04-04-2018, 04:25 PM
Launching!

By the way those ccws look gorgoues on that...one of my all time favorite wheels. Car looks in really good shape and the truck goes well.with the car lol. I only dream of pulling a TA drag car with a new Sierra...maybe one day I'll get there
Old 04-05-2018, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

By the way those ccws look gorgoues on that...one of my all time favorite wheels. Car looks in really good shape and the truck goes well.with the car lol. I only dream of pulling a TA drag car with a new Sierra...maybe one day I'll get there
thanks man, I had to pull them off and use the darkstars for traction. Sometimes ill throw on the ccws for shows. the car is always in the garage and has been for many years. and the 2014+ sierras are very nice, GM gave them a very nice touch.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

This ^
Old 04-06-2018, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Selling it outright for an acceptable price is probably going to be a challenge but another option may be to trade it for a car that you can turn around and easily sell.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GimmeLSx
Selling it outright for an acceptable price is probably going to be a challenge but another option may be to trade it for a car that you can turn around and easily sell.
Yeah man, I thought about that too. I don't wanna inherit a "polished turd" and get stuck with someones project. I'm not looking for a quick and easy sale, I don't need the money, car doesn't cost me but 30$ a year to take up my garage space. my thing is I want another car thinking ATSV or something I can take the family around. the car scene is dead and I'm over the fast car ich. you guys will probably think well just get another car, yeah I could but being military I move across the country every 3-4 years and don't wanna move 3 cars(new car,wifes car,firebird) truck and a bike plus all my house junk.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would only trade for a car that was never modified and that was obviously well cared for. Throw that car up on the classifieds here for sale or trade and see what happens. It won't cost you anything but the little bit of time required to make the post.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GimmeLSx
I would only trade for a car that was never modified and that was obviously well cared for. Throw that car up on the classifieds here for sale or trade and see what happens. It won't cost you anything but the little bit of time required to make the post.
^this....doesnr hurt to advertise and you never know the outcome