What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Should I buy this bird?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy this bird?

Looking to buy a Trans Am.

I found one that might be a candidate, but not sure if I should gamble on it.

It's been sitting for 2 years outside covered. It has a new starter, alternator, battery, and oil with filter was flushed 4 times.

The engine has 209K the drivers window button broken and drivers seat adjustment doesn`t work.

From the pictures I can see that the drivers door panel is also cracked. Hopefully going to get more pictures soon of the interior.

The owner is in his 60s and it's too low for him to drive. He's had it for two years and knows nothing about cars.

He's asking 4300 or best offer. Thanks for reading I would appreciate to hear any and all input.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

When I bought my TA it had 130k miles, driver side seat was torn, but everything else was sharp. Had no issues.
I paid $3000. I live in TX. For something like you are describing Id say it is not worth the $4300 but it depends on your area.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Estoric
Looking to buy a Trans Am.

I found one that might be a candidate, but not sure if I should gamble on it.

It's been sitting for 2 years outside covered. It has a new starter, alternator, battery, and oil with filter was flushed 4 times.

The engine has 209K the drivers window button broken and drivers seat adjustment doesn`t work.

From the pictures I can see that the drivers door panel is also cracked. Hopefully going to get more pictures soon of the interior.

The owner is in his 60s and it's too low for him to drive. He's had it for two years and knows nothing about cars.

He's asking 4300 or best offer. Thanks for reading I would appreciate to hear any and all input.
For the miles, I think $4,300 is too high. I also live in Texas as someone else said and usually where I live, something that has that many miles usually are going in the low $3,000. It's definitely a gamble buying something with 200k+ miles. It leaves a lot of things to go wrong and have to fix. Example:suspension, engine parts, transmission etc.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:17 PM
Teching In

What should I offer him? I'm on the east coast so there is definitely rust
Old 05-25-2018, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

like 2k settle on 2500