What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

01 SOM WS6 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 SOM WS6 Turbo

Hey all, had a 01 WS6 when they first came out and have wanted one since. Been keeping my eye out for the right one. Below is info on one I’m considering and since I’ve been out of the loop for so long I’m hoping for some insight on this build, things it may be needing/things to look out for and what it may be worth. Planning to have a compression test done to learn what I can about the internals. TIA for any input.

2001 SOM ws6, 31,000 miles, M6.

Huron Speed V2 T4 turbo kit with Turbonetics billet 7575 ball bearing turbo, 44mm wastegate, 50mm BOV, 2 derale fans, scavenger pump, catch can, 4" intercooler, LS3 MAF, 80# injectors, 255lph fuel pump, autometer gauges, moser 9", welded subframe connectors, Adj control arms and Panhard bar, random tech torque arm, driveshaft loop, yellow top optima, billet specialties 17x9 and 17x11 rear, slotted brakes and H & R lowering springs. Stock bottom end, should be good for 500 to 550whp, needs tuned. Bought it 3 years ago with plans of adding more go fast parts, I'm hardly ever in the state so I'm going to let someone else enjoy it. Clean title in hand. Price is $19,000 OBO.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

$19,000 for a car that needs tuned?

To me that always sounds like a project car someone got tired of trying to sort out or they lost interest or ran out of money for the project. Sounds like someone wants their mod money back.

I would proceed with caution.

No telling what shape the engine is in if it's not been properly tuned.

Last edited by 99 Black Bird T/A; 01-07-2019 at 06:51 AM.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:05 AM
Teching In

Yeah, that's kinda the vibe I was getting as well. I've been down that path before myself lol. Thanks for the reply!
Old 01-07-2019, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

I saw the same car for sale. I watched it for about a month. No change in price, or description.

I agree with what has already been said. With those mods, you would THINK that a tune would be one of the first things that would be done to help sort out the car. At that price point, and based on what he said he is trying to do (get his money back), I didn't even bother calling about it. I also didn't recall him stating anything about a clutch upgrade either, maybe I am wrong.

But hey, if you do your due diligence, and the car checks out alright.....maybe he would budge on that price. Seems a couple thousand high IMO, but it is SOM, and it is low mileage......you know how that goes.

Good luck, check it out really well if you do look at it, and trust your gut.